Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
**URGENT UPDATE**
19-02-2013, 01:25 PM
RE: **URGENT UPDATE**
it should be mentioned that BT were trialling FTTC in South Yorkshire as early as 2005 and had places ear-marked for FTTC prior to Digital Region - but when Digital Region announced the rollout of the network all upgrades for FTTC by BT were pulled.

I don't know if there was any pressure on them to do this (in similar way they were blocked from development, etc for period of years to allow other companies to flourish)

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2013, 12:03 AM
Interesting. I admit, I do not know all the details as I knew NOTHING about Digital Region until they started digging up the road nearby.

However the general consensus always seemed to be that Digital Region exists due to the fact BT were only really looking at a few areas in South Yorkshire, with the majority of the county being seen as unprofitable to rollout.

I notice BT have gone round and stuck new "Fibre Broadband is here" stickers on the cabinets round here. I might see if Origin want to send me any of theirs to stick on the DR cabinets. Although I have to admit, the BT ones are MUCH better than the Origin ones due to the sheer fact they are simple and to the point.

I will never understand why Digital Region didn't setup a website to list all the ISPs on the network (not just hidden on the main DR site) and have the URL painted on the cabinets.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-02-2013, 02:28 AM
(20-02-2013 12:03 AM)alexatkin Wrote:  Interesting. I admit, I do not know all the details as I knew NOTHING about Digital Region until they started digging up the road nearby.

However the general consensus always seemed to be that Digital Region exists due to the fact BT were only really looking at a few areas in South Yorkshire, with the majority of the county being seen as unprofitable to rollout.

I notice BT have gone round and stuck new "Fibre Broadband is here" stickers on the cabinets round here. I might see if Origin want to send me any of theirs to stick on the DR cabinets. Although I have to admit, the BT ones are MUCH better than the Origin ones due to the sheer fact they are simple and to the point.

I will never understand why Digital Region didn't setup a website to list all the ISPs on the network (not just hidden on the main DR site) and have the URL painted on the cabinets.

i have too seen these new BT stickers. A new cabinet in Askern. Yea i think Origin/DR should design a better one and stick it on more of theirs

[Image: john22rob.png]

http://www.quidco.com/user/1417009/232503
20-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Never mind the paper flyers they get wet and come off or are ripped off,

A stencil and a tin of spray paint
20-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Have to agree that DR was(is) massively under-advertised. I only found out by chance when a random Google search for my exchange name revealed that someone connected to it (Ray_Von) was moving to DR I checked, found that I could also get a fibre connection from them and initiated a move almost immediately. Otherwise I would STILL be suffering 2Mb at best ADSL and wondering what we good people at Attercliffe has done to offend BT so greatly.

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
20-02-2013, 10:21 AM
@Ray_Von should show this to @Originb and make sure he gets his free month! Big Grin

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-02-2013, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2013 10:29 AM by Ray_Von.)
(20-02-2013 10:21 AM)Chalky Wrote:  @Ray_Von should show this to @Originb and make sure he gets his free month! Big Grin
@Chalky So I am referring people to @Originb and not even knowing it...Big Grin

I hope they do see this as I'm only an impoverish pensioner Big Grin

Phil.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)