Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Questions and Answers For Chess Telecom & LittleBigOne (Updated: 21st May)
16-05-2013, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2013 11:22 AM by SpencerUk.)
Questions and Answers For Chess Telecom & LittleBigOne (Updated: 21st May)
Hi all,

This is mainly for LittleBigOne customers if anything.

I've had a very brief chat with Chess Telecom who hope to get a rep on here as soon as possible to put everyones mind at ease Smile

Further to that, Chess Telecom are coordinating with LittleBigOne for Q&A. In the meantime, If anyone would like any reasonable questions/concerns to be put forward, reply to this thread and I'll highlight it to their attention Smile

Thanks all.

Update 20/5/13

Initial Q&A attached.

.docx  Digital Forum QA (2).docx (Size: 15.1 KB / Downloads: 93)

I'm sorry it doesn't answer all questions but as I say, I had to get it fired off to them before 2PM Thurs. I have emailed Chess with some further questions in relation to whats been mentioned on here (ie TV) and I hope to have a response.

Update 21/5/13

@WillPS and @tekmobile Answers from Forum questions;

Code:
Will the LittleBigOne brand be retained?

LittleBigOne has built some strong relationships with their customers and will continue to trade under their own branding

Code:
Will the operation continue to serve both businesses and consumers?

The operation will continue to serve both businesses and consumers for the foreseeable future

Code:
Will there be any price rises (or decreases) in the immediate future?

There are no plans to change any pricing for services currently received

Code:
Will users still connect by DHCP or will we be moved to PPPoE

All services will remain the same

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2013, 02:16 PM
RE: Q&A For Chess Telecom & LittleBigOne
Will the LittleBigOne brand be retained?

Will the operation continue to serve both businesses and consumers?

Will the TV operation continue? Will it expand beyond the current paltry selection of channels?

Will there be any price rises (or decreases) in the immediate future?
Find all posts by this user
16-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Will we still connect by DHCP or we we be moved to PPPoE

Will you be pushing DRL to upgrade line cards like origin do so I can finally get as my contract which was the fastest my line can handle which should be near 100Mbps not the lousy 70Mb I'm being forced to.

Once our current contract ends will be fall onto any chess restricted capped packages

[Image: livetag_409452.png]
16-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Does this give me an opportunity to cancel my contract without penalty?
17-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Really good questions guys, keep em coming. I've fired some initial ones to Chess Telecom yesterday. When I have a response, I'll put them on here.

In the meantime, you've probably noticed they have signed up to this board so hopefully these concerns and questions can be answered. Welcome @Chess to the forum Smile

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
18-05-2013, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2013 05:25 PM by rhole.)
Not a question but something Chess really need to do, and should have done before all this...

Add a new sperate Terms and Conditions PDF on the Chess website specifically for the ex-LBO customers who are on the Digital Region network. All the T&Cs for usage limits apply to BT/TalkTalk networks and not Digital Region. This is very confusing for everyone to be honest.
18-05-2013, 09:43 PM
@rhole

Currently we have nothing in writing to confirm differing T & C, we are being told that Chess T & C will apply, if we accept these then we accept any changes they impose.

I for one will not accept Chess T & C.
18-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Do Chess operate a throttling / "traffic management" (or whatever the current positive buzzword is) policy? Triggered by either short or long term "excessive use". And if so, what are the terms of this, and do they differ from LBO's?

This question is based on the fact that some companies (Virgin) have a clear, but very aggressive throttling policy, (that is triggered by quite light usage at peak times), and some (B.T) operate less-serious throttling, but the details of which are secret / unclear, so you could unknowingly use too much and trigger it.

We have no intention to make "heavy" use of our connection, but for some companies such as Virgin, even light use can trigger it at "peak times". All questions and mentions so far for Chess on anything like this have only been on bandwidth caps, not throttling / reduction in speed based on usage which is a separate issue. Either way for anything like this, it is good to know what the terms are. LBO's policy was pretty unclear on specifics, but didn't seem to be too aggressive and was formulated to only target extremely heavy usage. Is Chess' policy the same, or do they have tighter restrictions?
20-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Quick updates on questions. Still waiting for Chess to get back to me.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
20-05-2013, 06:53 PM
(20-05-2013 01:24 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  Quick updates on questions. Still waiting for Chess to get back to me.

They do not seem in a rush to put customers minds at ease mate do they ?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)