Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
PPP dropping regularly? I may have solved it.
11-06-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: PPP dropping regularly? I may have solved it.
But were you previously having issues with the VDSL dropping sync? If so what have you changed to resolve it?

I had never really bothered looking at the other screens as the time on them usually matched my uptime of the device

I know up 19 April my connection had been synced for 72 days, but then switched to the Home Hub 4 on a trial with BT

Then on 25 May I removed the HH4 from the connection and on 26 May I installed the ASUS router

I've had a few disconnections while I've been reconfiguring it, but had been up for 9 days until yesterday at 9:45am, where it was offline for about 5 minutes which is unusual.

I have noticed that it disconnects if failed to receive 10 echo_requests which is different config to most routers (would be nice to know what the interval is set to)

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2013, 12:24 PM
No I wasn't, but I also wasn't keeping a very good record of how long it remained up.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2013, 11:18 PM
I'm keeping eye onine at moment as had a drop today for 10minutes which think some maintainence must have been done.

Also want to see how this router compares with the dlink as longest uptime was 72 days with that before started changing equipment.

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
Find all posts by this user
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)