*Resolved* Any danger of getting my Cellpipe Replaced?
05-06-2013, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 10:17 AM by littlegreengeek.)
*Resolved* Any danger of getting my Cellpipe Replaced?
This is now beyond a joke. It's been dragging on for months.

Pete doesn't answer his emails, When I call I get told they are looking into it from their side, quite how they do that with a faulty piece of EU hardware is beyond me.

I've reported my faulty cellpipe on numerous occasions, and still it's sat here in my house with no sign of a replacement. I'm forced to use my HG612 which I had bought for messing about with as my full daily modem.

I've requested a Zyxel to replace it with so I can reduce the number of boxes I have above my front door.

I've been told on several occasions that I'll get one, Pete even told me I'd have one by the end of last week. Nothing.

It's slowly seems that Origin Broadband doesn't care about it's users. I've referred numerous customers to the service, I'm paying a premium for MAX and Voip, and I'm getting the level of service I'd expect from TalkTalks customer service. Not to mention the fact that I had a 3 month wait to get connected. Did I complain? No!

Do I have to cancel my Direct Debit and start shouting about how useless Origin have become? There's an Infinity cabinet at the top of my lane, shall I move to an Infinity provider and get my friends and neighbours to move too?

I'm getting seriously annoyed.
@Originb @Origin_Pete @Origin_OliverS @Origin_Liam @Origin_Matt @Origin_Jay

[Image: littlegreengeek.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 11:27 AM by Ray_Von.)
RE: Any danger of getting my Cellpipe Replaced?
Well I am surprised as this seems very unlike Origin.Perhaps a response by them would help.
Have you posted your problem on their Facebook and Twitter feeds..?

Phil.
05-06-2013, 11:41 AM
I tried facebook but it didn't appear on their feed. I'll try again later.
Twitter means finding my account details Confused

05-06-2013, 12:04 PM
(05-06-2013 11:41 AM)littlegreengeek Wrote:  I tried facebook but it didn't appear on their feed. I'll try again later.
Twitter means finding my account details Confused

Please call tech support and we'll find out what's happening with this for you. I'm sure we can get you the specific router you requested this week - for free as previously agreed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2013, 01:42 PM
@Origin_Pete

Have all the bugs been sorted out then now with the Zyxel? I remember in some post on here users on LittleBigOne use the same router and reported some issues?

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
05-06-2013, 02:02 PM
(05-06-2013 01:42 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  @Origin_Pete

Have all the bugs been sorted out then now with the Zyxel? I remember in some post on here users on LittleBigOne use the same router and reported some issues?

I'm using the ZyXEL Router and I'm hardly a typical user and I've had not problems with it at all. I've got VPN Tunnels firing off in all directions, used the VoIP ATA Gateway, running my own Asterisk PBX behind it and it has handled it all admirably.

The only thing I've come across is Caller ID not working on the VoIP ATA Ports which @Origin_Matt says that apparently ZyXEL are aware of and are working on a fix

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

[Image: 1uq3DB4][Image: 1jo9ZvL]
05-06-2013, 02:49 PM
I will give them another call. It's made absolutely no difference so far.
I hate being the user that kicks off, but I hate being treated like a moron.

05-06-2013, 08:29 PM
I've been told it has shipped today, and an apology from Jay which was nice.

05-06-2013, 09:48 PM
(05-06-2013 08:29 PM)littlegreengeek Wrote:  I've been told it has shipped today, and an apology from Jay which was nice.

On behalf of Origin I would also like to express my apologies regarding this matter and the time it has taken to be resolved.

Whilst we have been allocating ZyXEL’s to new customers for some time now, allocating stock to existing users works differently but it has taken sometime for this to be arranged considering your Cellpipe also appears to be faulty.

Once again apologies from the Origin team this isn’t the norm! We want all customers to be able to enjoy their service without any connection issues 24/7.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding Smile
05-06-2013, 11:42 PM
(05-06-2013 09:48 PM)Origin_Matt Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 08:29 PM)littlegreengeek Wrote:  I've been told it has shipped today, and an apology from Jay which was nice.

On behalf of Origin I would also like to express my apologies regarding this matter and the time it has taken to be resolved.

Whilst we have been allocating ZyXEL’s to new customers for some time now, allocating stock to existing users works differently but it has taken sometime for this to be arranged considering your Cellpipe also appears to be faulty.

Once again apologies from the Origin team this isn’t the norm! We want all customers to be able to enjoy their service without any connection issues 24/7.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding Smile

I must admit it really hasn't been the norm for my experience.
I queried my tp links wireless drop offs and was given some suggestions which did improve things, then I discovered a more elderly neighbour than me who was trying to blast South Yorkshires wireless signal into Outer Space, so I bought a router that was suggested on here, now I'm blasting him off Planet Earth and sending him into a great big www. black hole ( I know cos he told me today his wireless has suddenly started dropping off. )
Now I know this really isn't the attitude but I'm having fun Confused

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)