Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Info
25-07-2013, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2013 08:45 PM by Nutty34.)
Info
Hi Origin - What is your take on this ?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/d...-1-5885859
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: Info
It makes zero sense to "close the business down". The fibre is layed, the network is their and ready for a competant business to run it, why they haven't got somebody in to run it properly already is beyond me. They'll end up privatizing it if they've got any common sense.

ISP: plusnet Router: Huawei EchoLife HG612 Speed: ~53Mb/13Mb PCP: ~500m Exc: Intake
25-07-2013, 09:43 PM
May be so but why has it taken the French outfit longer than six months to conclude a deal after they were announced as preferred bidder ? Probably because they do not want to take on the debt ?
25-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Don't think Origin will want to discuss this...

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2013, 07:29 AM
I am sure you are right mate but we will never know unless we ask Smile
26-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Maybe we can all chip in, buy it and run it?

I'll stick a tenner in.

Tongue
26-07-2013, 12:49 PM
(26-07-2013 07:29 AM)Nutty34 Wrote:  I am sure you are right mate but we will never know unless we ask Smile

Everything's going REALLY well for Origin right now!

I can't say much - other than that we have an agreement protecting our - and our customers' interests. And contrary to this report, it's BAU for us! Smile
26-07-2013, 08:29 PM
As everyone knows there have been lots of talks going on, so until there is definite answers on what is happening, then don't listen to the rumours or provide fuel to the fire

I don't think the councils would just let it close, they have invested so much into it and also a lot of their services are ran through the network (especially in Barnsley)

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
26-07-2013, 08:34 PM
(25-07-2013 09:32 PM)LeJimster Wrote:  It makes zero sense to "close the business down". The fibre is layed, the network is their and ready for a competant business to run it, why they haven't got somebody in to run it properly already is beyond me. They'll end up privatizing it if they've got any common sense.
The fact that it is losing a million pounds a month is probably a good reason to close it down. If there is only 3000 customers then that's £333 per customer per month. No business can continue like that and there comes a point when you are flogging a dead horse and you have to cut your losses. If it was a private enterprise I would guess the administrators would have been in long ago.
27-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Then again, I'm pretty sure if YOU were running the network you would actually advertise the damn thing.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)