Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
If you was the company taking over Digital Region
09-08-2013, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 10:20 AM by Hippojay.)
RE: If you was the company taking over Digital Region
DR must have had some budget as they advertised through there own website. How you were supposed to stumble across this though seems to have been one of the missing factors!

I only found out as I thought BT were laying fibre on my road, but discovered it was DR.

@Nutty34 - how long does it take for minutes to appear/be available?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Not really sure mate. I am sure any news will be available shortly.
Find all posts by this user
10-08-2013, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 03:20 PM by alexatkin.)
(09-08-2013 10:19 AM)Hippojay Wrote:  DR must have had some budget as they advertised through there own website. How you were supposed to stumble across this though seems to have been one of the missing factors!

I only found out as I thought BT were laying fibre on my road, but discovered it was DR.

@Nutty34 - how long does it take for minutes to appear/be available?

Same for me, I never even knew about Digital Region until the ducting was being laid and so I looked at the signs they had up. Most people wouldn't bother and would never find out what it was all about. Even if you asked the workers, all they said was they were laying fibre broadband, not who it was for. So much potential for advertising right from the start there and it was wasted.

I still highly suspect that the council did not actually allow the project to advertise on the cabinets, as I have heard of complaints about BT advertising on theirs as the permission to install boxes also factor in the "look" of them. That's why they are green cabinets, they are meant to blend into the background and not be noticed.

Of course BT don't give a crap as they have enough money that if they were fined, they would just pay the fine and carry on. I suspect the reason Origin are putting sings up now is they realised that if the network goes under they will lose a lot of money anyway, so getting fined for illegally advertising on the boxes is probably the least of their worries. Although I could be wrong, maybe they got permission especially as the council must be desperate for the network to get more customers.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)