Service added to bill
15-08-2013, 06:29 PM
RE: Service added to bill
(15-08-2013 06:21 PM)Nutty34 Wrote:  No mate, looks like the customer service is zero. I mailed them two days ago and have heard nothing back. Roll on next Friday for my Infinity2 install Smile

When I was querying about changing service I tried by phone and couldn't get nowhere so ended up emailing and I think it took them about a month to reply very poor service really.

When I did get the email back it did include my MAC code but there was no answer as to if there would be any kind of early termination fee so I never used it because my contract was almost up anyway so I decided to just let it run out which I think is next month.

[Image: livetag_409452.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2013, 06:34 PM
The termination fee is £99 then £10 a month for the remainder of your contract, difficult to see how they could enforce this following today's closure news and the fact that none of us signed up with Chess in the first place.

Fun times ahead.
15-08-2013, 06:37 PM
(15-08-2013 06:34 PM)Nutty34 Wrote:  The termination fee is £99 then £10 a month for the remainder of your contract, difficult to see how they could enforce this following today's closure news and the fact that none of us signed up with Chess in the first place.

Fun times ahead.

I was wanting to know if I cancelled I would be charged the termination fee but all I got out of them was the MAC but I was no wiser if id end up with a big charge if i used it.

[Image: livetag_409452.png]
15-08-2013, 06:40 PM
When I told Chess I was not accepting them as my ISP they said fine cancel, here are the fees. I pointed out that in law I had no contract with them but if they could supply me with a copy of a contract between us then I may consider paying termination.

I am having infinity installed next week so we will see.
15-08-2013, 10:11 PM
I've not heard anything back from them either.
16-08-2013, 03:44 PM
To all of our customers.
Re Fraud Monitor Charges

We apologise for the confusion this has caused. The fee for Fraud Monitor will be reimbursed in full on your next bill.

Fraud Monitor is an essential service we provide to our customers to help prevent Telecoms Fraud, it appears this has been added to some of our customers’ accounts erroneously and we apologise sincerely for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Should you have any further questions about Fraud Monitor or would like to discuss this issue further please feel free to contact our customer service teams on 0844 770 6060
16-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Thanks for sorting this out @Chess

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Got this too, they are absolute rubbish, just cancelled with them after a month of no service and switched to origin. OMG what a difference 75mbps down and 27mbps up. LBO and Chess clearly mislead me for a long time then expected me to pay for another month when leaving after paying for a month without a phone or broadband!
21-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Was you at the end of your contract with them ?
13-09-2013, 01:06 PM
(16-08-2013 03:44 PM)Chess Wrote:  To all of our customers.
Re Fraud Monitor Charges

We apologise for the confusion this has caused. The fee for Fraud Monitor will be reimbursed in full on your next bill.

Fraud Monitor is an essential service we provide to our customers to help prevent Telecoms Fraud, it appears this has been added to some of our customers’ accounts erroneously and we apologise sincerely for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Should you have any further questions about Fraud Monitor or would like to discuss this issue further please feel free to contact our customer service teams on 0844 770 6060

I got my first bill from them today and surprise surprise, there was the Fraud Monitor fee. When I rang up to complain and ask it to be removed, I got a very heavy sales pitch about how essential this was and I should keep it. I declined. It was very reminiscent of a similar pitch I got years ago from CPP to take out Identity Theft Protection. Look how CPP ended up.

I really regret having made this move.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)