Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Digital Region to close
18-10-2013, 10:31 PM
RE: Digital Region to close
@WillPS @essenby

We have to remember, we are not an asset on this network, we are a loss making component of the business...not out of our own fault as we have already stated.

The asset here is the network itself..I'd be very interested who would want it since Virgin and BT have presence in some of the areas DR have.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2013, 05:10 AM
I feel that BT are likely to buy up the sections of the network that they don't already cover. It seems odd that BT didn't upgrade the 2 largest exchanges in the area (Sheff-Central and Attercliffe) unless they thought they could buy up the DR network (after its predicable failure) in those areas cheaper than laying their own cable.
Find all posts by this user
20-10-2013, 12:15 PM
MP emailed, for what its worth. (Angela Smith)

Just to tell her that I am not going to be within neither BDUK's 90% "superfast" target, not the more longer term target of 100% at least 2MBit/s
21-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Just received this reply from my MP(Clive Betts)

Quote:Dear Mr xxxxxxxxx,

Further to my email below I have now had a response from BT.

Unfortunately in their latest response to me they again refuse to outline when they will be upgrading the exchange and installing the green cabinets to enable to Fibre Broadband for those who are connected to the Attercliffe exchange. They also do not outline why they are not looking to upgrade the exchange only that they make regular announcements.

I still do not understand BT's attitude towards the Attercliffe exchange as they are heavily promoting Fibre broadband and especially as there are a large number of homes and business connected to the exchange.

I will continue to push BT to upgrade the exchange but they aren't however directly accountable to Parliament on this issue. Please do not hesitate to come back to me if you have any further questions or queries.

Regards

Clive Betts MP

Phil.
21-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Here is the letter I received today from my MP. It's fair to say I don't think the politicians in South Yorkshire are all that fussed about Digital Region and just want shut of it.

[attachment=156]
[attachment=157]

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
21-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Here is the letter I received today from my MP. It's fair to say I don't think the politicians in South Yorkshire are all that fussed about Digital Region and just want shut of it.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
21-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Mr Dugher's comments strike me as being fare, I have to say.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)