Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Digital Region to close
15-08-2013, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2013 07:46 PM by alexatkin.)
RE: Digital Region to close
(15-08-2013 05:18 PM)Hippojay Wrote:  Assuming that it doesn't take an age to get a line switched over, I would expect that DR users would be courted by prospective ISPs. At least now I'll be able to get my line running at faster than ASK4 could provide.

It's @alexatkin I feel sorry for - he's going to have a speed drop on his ~100mbit line Smile

I'm on ASK4, and I don't think they have another BB product for me - so when things settle down I would be interested in what you are offering going forward as I'll be needing a new ISP soon.

Unless Origin are able to organise something with BT I will indeed lose 20Mbit off my downstream and 15Mbit off my upstream.

Still, don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for the people who are in areas NOT supported by BT. Some of those will drop down to 1Mbit, ouch.

Quote:Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield councils – along with major shareholder, the Government’s Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) – have agreed that a managed closedown of the network and migration of existing Digital Region Limited customers to alternative networks now offers the most cost-effective deal for the public.

Transition to WHAT networks exactly? I would bet at least half of the customers chose Digital Region purely down to having no alternative, so I do not see what they are going to do about this.

I feel extremely lucky right now that BT did roll out in my area, because dropping down to 5Mbit down 1Mbit up would be far far worse.

(15-08-2013 05:17 PM)Originb Wrote:  The main point to take away is your service will continue, we are the largest provider and we already had plans in place.

I always suspected this "new network" had something to do with it. Designed so that it could include BT services.

However that will do nothing for people not in BT enabled areas, what about those?

I'm surprised you aren't giving specifics to reassure those customers, although I guess they don't have anywhere to rush off to so they will stick with you to the bitter end anyway.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2013, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2013 07:49 PM by tekmobile.)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03...5_08_2013/ about 8.40 in

[Image: livetag_409452.png]
Find all posts by this user
15-08-2013, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2013 07:50 PM by john22rob.)
@originb please can you answer the ONE question people are asking? if we cannot get fttc by any other means other than on the DR, will we still be able to get fttc with you?

and a question just from me.....does this mean my line card isnt going to get upgraded? Undecided

[Image: john22rob.png]

http://www.quidco.com/user/1417009/232503
15-08-2013, 07:54 PM
please do not push Origin or any other ISP on the network to provide answers at this moment in time.

let the dust settle, remember the ISP's will be currently looking at all the options available to them to hopefully continue to provide you with the service you are accustomed to.

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
15-08-2013, 07:58 PM
In all fairness mate, there is only Origin providing ANY information Smile
15-08-2013, 08:02 PM
(15-08-2013 07:58 PM)Nutty34 Wrote:  In all fairness mate, there is only Origin providing ANY information Smile

that might be true, but don't you think they have enough to deal with

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
15-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Probably to be fair ..... But I'm with Chess who find it acceptable to charge their customers for services they have not subscribed to and then ignore emails asking why ?

As I posted earlier, kudos to @Originb for actually being active on here, unlike others Smile
15-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Its true what they say lol....its grim up north!

Prospects of fast internet are going down from 70/30 to 4/0.3 for me

[Image: john22rob.png]

http://www.quidco.com/user/1417009/232503
15-08-2013, 08:38 PM
It IS important Origin tell people what they are doing though, or how can we continue to recommend their service to other people?

Heck, if they don't get the message out there how will they ever get any new customers at all? Anyone looking at Origin today is going to walk away if they realise they are running on the Digital Region network.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2013, 08:45 PM
(15-08-2013 08:38 PM)alexatkin Wrote:  It IS important Origin tell people what they are doing though, or how can we continue to recommend their service to other people?

Heck, if they don't get the message out there how will they ever get any new customers at all? Anyone looking at Origin today is going to walk away if they realise they are running on the Digital Region network.

That's true my contract it nearly up and I was going to switch to origin but if I don 't know whats happening then I will take the safe bet and switch to BT since its cheaper and I know my service is safe.

[Image: livetag_409452.png]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)