Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Digital Region to close
15-08-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: Digital Region to close
Indeed, and if you knew they would just migrate you over to BT when the network eventually is taken offline?

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2013, 08:54 PM
(15-08-2013 08:50 PM)alexatkin Wrote:  Indeed, and if you knew they would just migrate you over to BT when the network eventually is taken offline?

Its hard to say because I would most likely be bound to BT UP/Down limits so they may need to be a bit more competitive but I would prefer my service to be with origin though if everything stays the same.

[Image: livetag_409452.png]
Find all posts by this user
15-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Woo Woo! The gravy train has crashed! Kind of gutted all the hard work has gone to waste but not surprised, too many people milking the tit for far too long. I know people are gutted that they will have to find a real ISP but look on the bright side, some oxygen thieves who were stealing money for so long will have to find a real job. I'll try and be a good uncle and curb my enthusiasm.

That being said it might learn the council a few lessons about private enterprise.
15-08-2013, 10:45 PM
So where the hell do I stand then? My office is due to be connected imminently. Will I be expected to pay the same for ADSL!?
16-08-2013, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2013 12:37 AM by alexatkin.)
The network will continue to operate, for now. The councils themselves have schools and offices running on it, they can't just turn it off overnight.

Also the fact Digital Region is closing doesn't necessarily mean the equipment will go to waste. I would expect the assets to be liquidated which means anyone picking them up could very well put them back into service.

The problem seemed to be that in order to take on the network as-is, they have to take on the debt too. Understandbly nobody in their right mind was willing to take on that responsbility.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
16-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

Re the closure of the Digital Region Network. Please be assured that your service with Chess will remain unaffected.

It may take months to effect the closure and Chess are already in discussion with the UKs major networks to ensure all transitions are seamless. We will be in contact with all our customers within the Digital Region area shortly to discuss the future migration plan and will keep you up to date throughout the process.

Please be assured you are in safe hands, this is what we do. Chess are one of the UKs largest Telecoms companies and as such have relationships with all major UK networks including BT, Virgin, TalkTalk, Cable & Wireless to name a few. As such we can provide an unparalleled product set at the very best possible price. We recommend all of those with Digital Region services contact their ISP to discuss their potential migration path to ensure continuity of their services in the long term.

If you have any immediate questions please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team on 0844 770 6060

The Chess Team
16-08-2013, 10:07 AM
@chessltd / @chess

I'd recommend at the moment the opposite re users contacting their respective ISP's. With this all happening just under 24hrs ago, I highly doubt that any ISP on the network at the moment can offer much support on this issue.

Whilst its up to you how you handle your customers, I can bet the likes or Ask4 and Origin don't need their lines being bogged down with questions they can't provide the answer to at this moment in time.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
16-08-2013, 10:09 AM
They could however answer other forms of communication re the Fraud Prevention charge levied on their customers this month without prior consultation ?
16-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Yesterday Ask4 were informed that the shareholders of Digital Region Limited had taken the decision to close the network via a managed closure approach.

At present there has been no more information provided to ISPs connected to DRL about how this closure will be conducted. All ISPs have been invited to meet with DRL personnel later in the month in order to discuss concerns about the closure.

For the foreseeable future the network will continue to operate as normal and there will be no disruption to service.

ASK4 is investigating all options to continue to provide service to its Digital Region customers, or to assist those customers in finding an alternative supply. ASK4 will be in touch with all customers over the coming weeks as more information is made available to help explain all options that are available to them.

Regards,

Ross Bray

Tel: 0114 303 3232
Email: [email protected]
16-08-2013, 10:18 AM
So, on another thought, and with Origin saying every one's services will stay untouched. Do you think DR network HAS to close down to avoid any company picking up with EU debt? and possibly there are plans for another company to come in and run DR straight away? It would seem to me that this debt is a big considering factor in no one taking it over atm.

The way Origin are talking, nobody's service is going to be effected which means nobody is getting a speed decrease because other wise that would be classed as being effected. Unless there just talking short term.

I am not in a BT fibre area and would class a downgrade to ADSL as my service been effected.

Although with the Chess statement above, there pretty sure DR is closing.

[Image: FlipFamous.png]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)