Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Digital Region Update
15-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Digital Region Update
Hi All,

Please find our press release on
https://portal.origin-broadband.co.uk/press

Also we are on Look North tonight at 6:30pm.

The main point to take away is your service will continue, we are the largest provider and we already had plans in place.

Kind Regards,
Origin

Tel: +44 (0) 800 2062333
Email: [email protected]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: Digital Region Update
(15-08-2013 05:18 PM)Originb Wrote:  Hi All,

Please find our press release on
https://portal.origin-broadband.co.uk/press

Also we are on Look North tonight at 6:30pm.

The main point to take away is your service will continue, we are the largest provider and we already had plans in place.

Kind Regards,
Origin

Are you allowed to tell us what plans are in place will this mean you will be using bt's network ?

[Image: livetag_409452.png]
Find all posts by this user
15-08-2013, 05:36 PM
We knew this was coming.Can Origin please confirm that those of us who can only get a fibre connection through DR will continue to be able to receive fibre through Origin.
Quite a few of us are unable to get BT Infinity and Virgin

Phil.
15-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Brilliant, just what I didn't want to hear... no FTCC from BT on the Sheffield exchange and no plans to put it in place. Looks like i'm back to crappy ADSL at sub 4mbit speeds.
15-08-2013, 05:44 PM
I finally got some money coming in and was a week away from finally signing up (I've been thinking about it forever, lol).. I hope you can further elaborate on what the plans are going forward soon as I would still consider Origin even if you are on the BT Fibre network. I just hate the idea of DLM tho Sad.

ISP: plusnet Router: Huawei EchoLife HG612 Speed: ~53Mb/13Mb PCP: ~500m Exc: Intake
15-08-2013, 05:44 PM
@LeJimster, case of wait and see..I'm sure we'll find out pretty soon enough!

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
15-08-2013, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2013 05:48 PM by LeJimster.)
(15-08-2013 05:39 PM)gribz_uk Wrote:  Brilliant, just what I didn't want to hear... no FTCC from BT on the Sheffield exchange and no plans to put it in place. Looks like i'm back to crappy ADSL at sub 4mbit speeds.

Why can't the DRL sell off the cabinets & ducting to BT. They all goto the same exchanges BT use for their own service so I would imagine it wouldn't be to hard to take over running of the equipment. I fully expecting the likes of BT to swoop in like vultures after this annoucement.. Doesn't make sense to let it all go to waste.

ISP: plusnet Router: Huawei EchoLife HG612 Speed: ~53Mb/13Mb PCP: ~500m Exc: Intake
15-08-2013, 05:48 PM
(15-08-2013 05:46 PM)LeJimster Wrote:  
(15-08-2013 05:39 PM)gribz_uk Wrote:  Brilliant, just what I didn't want to hear... no FTCC from BT on the Sheffield exchange and no plans to put it in place. Looks like i'm back to crappy ADSL at sub 4mbit speeds.

Why can't the DRL sell off the cabinets & ducting to BT. They all goto the same exchanges BT use for their own service so I would imagine it wouldn't be to hard to take over running of the equipment.

I was thinking the same thing. I wish these kind of announcements were only made once a full plan was in place to provide a uninterrupted service, on the same basis people signed up.
15-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Hi All,

There are plans in place, remember this is just the announcement that DRL has stopped looking for a new partner more information about continuation of services will follow.

Thanks,
Origin

Tel: +44 (0) 800 2062333
Email: [email protected]
15-08-2013, 05:56 PM
(15-08-2013 05:51 PM)Originb Wrote:  Hi All,

There are plans in place, remember this is just the announcement that DRL has stopped looking for a new partner more information about continuation of services will follow.

Really?

"Digital Region shareholders have today released the following statement to announce the closure of the network."

That says to me it's pretty final, rather than not looking for another partner. Smile

Continuation of service, to me, means keeping exactly the same service as I have now. As you have plans in place, can you tell me that this will happen, or are we looking at ADSL?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)