Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
So far Ask4 connection worse than Ripwire
25-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Sad  So far Ask4 connection worse than Ripwire
Hi just wondered if anyone else that was on the Ripwire 24/2 package has been migrated over and what their connection is like?

I was changed over yesterday and since then I've had multiple disconnects/reconnects, just like Ripwire did when I first connected, though in Ripwires defense for the last few months I've not had any disconnects.

My biggest complaint is the speeds, download with Ripwire I'd get around 18meg in peak times and 23meg when things were quite. Today I've been struggling to get 4meg down. Upload is consistent at around 1.5meg any time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2012, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2012 07:08 PM by SpencerUk.)
RE: So far Ask4 connection worse than Ripwire
I think @topcat0908 has the same package as you. You two are the ones I know on that package.

In respect to speeds, this is what I'm getting at the moment,

EDIT: 18:07. Speeds better, but ping is shafted.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-02-2012, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2012 09:28 PM by wraith.)
These are the types of speeds I've been getting all day
[Image: 501795770009.png]

And this is it now
[Image: 521796314713.png]

I would have believed it could be contention ( Dinnington exchange ) except my speeds never dropped to this level when on Ripwire.
25-02-2012, 07:27 PM
As I'm sure @Ask4Support will say, we are a on a new platform so there will still be some kinks. Don't worry about it so much Smile

FYI: On Digital Region, you aren't really connected to an exchange. You are connected to the cabinet which then connects to the "Halo" of your council Smile

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
25-02-2012, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2012 07:32 PM by wraith.)
(25-02-2012 07:27 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  FYI: On Digital Region, you aren't really connected to an exchange. You are connected to the cabinet which then connects to the "Halo" of your council Smile

Hmmm that makes it even worse Undecided

BTW. How do we get an image to show here in the forums threads. The two speedtests I tried to display don't show up so I must be doinbg something wrong Huh
25-02-2012, 07:33 PM
I disagree.

The exchange equipment is at your cabinet. Without exchange equipment being there, you wouldn't get a a fibre connection. The setup for Digital Region is something along the lines of

Your socket >>>> Cabinet >>> Council Halo >>> NOC >>> Internet

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
25-02-2012, 07:35 PM
(25-02-2012 07:33 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  I disagree.

The exchange equipment is at your cabinet. Without exchange equipment being there, you wouldn't get a a fibre connection. The setup for Digital Region is something along the lines of

Your socket >>>> Cabinet >>> Council Halo >>> NOC >>> Internet

What I was referring to being worse is that if it's not exchange contention causing the problem what is Big Grin
25-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Usually the ISP platform or the wholesale network (NOC)

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
25-02-2012, 07:39 PM
(25-02-2012 05:53 PM)wraith Wrote:  Hi just wondered if anyone else that was on the Ripwire 24/2 package has been migrated over and what their connection is like?

I was changed over yesterday and since then I've had multiple disconnects/reconnects, just like Ripwire did when I first connected, though in Ripwires defense for the last few months I've not had any disconnects.

My biggest complaint is the speeds, download with Ripwire I'd get around 18meg in peak times and 23meg when things were quite. Today I've been struggling to get 4meg down. Upload is consistent at around 1.5meg any time.

If you PM me your personal details I'll pull out the PPP drops we've seen at our side to see how bad it is and so you can correlate them with what you've seen. With regards to speed, raise a ticket with our support team ([email protected]) and they can get Thales to check profile/sync etc.
26-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Hello

As @SpencerUK mentioned I am on the old Ripwire 24/2 package. Migrated across on Friday with no problems. Speeds and pings look the same as they were on Ripwire. Am still having a few disconnects/reconnects daily, which was the same as Ripwire. Never looked into it as it never really interrupted browsing etc, and always reconnected straight away. Should I raise it now with Ask4?

Also, I thought we were being moved from 24/2 to 40/10?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)