Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Successful migration from DR to ADSL ?
03-05-2014, 04:55 PM
RE: Successful migration from DR to ADSL ?
After a few weeks and backwards and forwards between myself, BT and Ask4 I now have a migration date for next week to move onto BT ADSL. Top marks to Ask4 customer service for being so patient and providing lots of information about the non-standard MAC codes. Also very impressed with the moderator from the BT forums that took over my case - he has been phoning me personally every few days to give me updates on the progress.

If anyone else has similar difficulties, the following information provided to me by Ask4 appeared to do the trick and make the orders team at BT realise I wasn't making it all up!

Quote:Recently BT issued a statement to all providers notifying them of this
new process of migration from Digital Region to ADSL and informed them
of the process, this is therefore something BT should be aware of. I
have included this for you below so that you can issue BT, so they will
be able to confirm and then hopefully accept the MAC code we provided to
you on this basis.

GEN019/14 Sub Loop Unbundling (SLU): Validation and Use of MAC codes

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/upd...en01914.do

Once everything has settled down I will then upgrade to Infinity and hopefully be back on similar or better speeds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2014, 05:06 PM
That's great news! I have a MAC code from my provider by still deciding on a destination ISP. So that will no doubt come in super handy! I guess it comes down to the ISPs (even BT themselves... although I know Openreach and BT the ISP are separate) not keeping up to date with the Openreach guidelines.

I can still see some issues down the line. As in, the Customer Service agents will always think they are right and you are wrong when you query them first time. But, we have something official to point them to.

TalkTalk Business (Goldthorpe Exchange)
[Image: 3534871192.png]
04-05-2014, 08:53 AM
Glad you've got an article from Openreach that we can now point ISPs to, thanks for that @pob I hope other will find it useful.

What I still find confusing is why their is no migration path from SLU to FTTC. It seems like the whole SLU idea was doomed to failure from the outset. I wonder if anyone else uses SLU other than DRL.

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2014, 06:13 PM
What else would you expect from Openreach. Piss up and breweries springs to mind....

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
07-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Well my HomeHub arrived today and I'm told that my migration will take place tomorrow, so I'll have to wait until I get home from work to see what (if anything) is running on my line! I was quite impressed that BT telephoned and emailed me today to ask if my HomeHub had arrived.
09-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Well it's probably no surprise that nothing happened with my migration yesterday. My DR connection is still live and working normally - it will probably be quite interesting trying to get this sorted!
13-05-2014, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2014 07:39 PM by alexatkin.)
I'm certainly not looking forward to when my connection is moved over, their records were completely wrong for my line last time and I'm not 100% sure the engineer made note of the correction.

Your situation could be very interesting indeed, as you may very well be connected to ADSL at the exchange but if they forgot to remove your DR jumper then that will filter it out.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
13-05-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm still waiting. My DR connection still live. It has been escalated to BT engineers and they are due to get back in touch tomorrow.
BT customer service are still phoning and emailing me every couple of days.

I personally think that they have tried to do the migration remotely and haven't realised they need to visit the cabinet to remind the DR connection.
16-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Well my migration finally happened today. I got word from BT earlier this week that an engineer was going to come out today and that they may need access to my house. Instead I just snapped and told them that they simply needed to go to my local cabinet (I told them which one) and disconnect my DR FTTC service. While I've been away on a business trip today they have done exactly that and BT Broadband ADSL is now working. Unfortunately I'm only getting 1.2Mb when I know my line can go to 5Mb - probably part of the initial training period and the exchange is probably confused having had the Cellpipe connected initially.

The good news is that the Infinity checker has already updated and now says it is available on my line. Not sure whether to order straight away or wait for the billing to settle down first.

Due to the delays with the migration my £70 quidco cash back has also been declined and there will probably be some issue with the sainburys gift card promotion. More things to try and chase up.....
16-05-2014, 11:04 PM
The BT user forum is a great place to get the cashback and sainsburys gift card sorted.

The moderators there are used to it being declined and sort it super quick!

TalkTalk Business (Goldthorpe Exchange)
[Image: 3534871192.png]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)