Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Quick Question About Cut-Off Point
08-07-2014, 08:41 PM
Quick Question About Cut-Off Point
Hi guys,

I've just been reading the 'FAO Users Still On Digital Region (UPD 7/7/14)' forum announcement and saw the bit about a cease taking up to 10 working days.

Does anyone know if this delay also applies after being cut-off? Will I be able to order a new FTTC product, from a different supplier, on the day after being given the snip or do I have to wait for some kind of holy sign e.g. glowing router, man in underpants pointing at my box etc.?

Is there a technical difference between ceasing and cutting-off the service?

Cheers, as ever.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: Quick Question About Cut-Off Point
There's no real difference between cease and cut off...I will fire off an e-mail to ASK4 to ask what exactly happens on the 14th August, whether the service is ceased on this date or whether an order for your line to be ceased is placed on this day.

I will also copy the email onto here for reference for our users.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2014, 07:09 PM
@Rigsby

Terribly sorry I haven't got round to this sooner, here's the email I have sent to ASK4

Quote:Hi Alfie & Support,

Hope you guys are all chilling out in the sun!.

I'm sorry to trouble you of the burden of Digital Region (it will all be over soon, don't worry haha), but can you tell me exactly what happens on the 14th August..Do the connections effectively lose sync on this date (ceased) or is the order itself placed in on the 14th for the line's to be ceased?.

Naturally you can't speak for the other 2 networks but what will ASK4 be doing on this side of things.

Thanks as ever for the assistance, its very much appreciated!.

P.S..If you still have some customers on the network, give them a heads up by telling them to sign up to the https://drlforum.co.uk ..Have a nice little e-refugee camp at the moment haha.

When I get a response, I'll post it for you.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
10-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Thanks very much Spencer. That's great.

I should mention that the Ask4 cut-off point is 14th July, so I'll be saying farewell to my Digital Region connection after this weekend.

I've decided to stay with the 'Titanic' until it sinks beneath the waves. Is anybody else sticking it out until the bitter end?
10-07-2014, 09:50 PM
To update everyone, I've received an acknowledgment saying they will get clarification hopefully by tomorrow for me.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
11-07-2014, 09:39 AM
@Rigsby

I have a response from Alfie who is a manager at ASK4.

Quote:Morning Spencer,

Hope you're well.

As you know, ASK4 are submitting ceases early, to ensure there are no catastrophes in admin on the BT and DRL sides closer to the cut-off on the 14th of August. This will begin on the 19th of July, to be inline with our billing structure.

For the network itself, I know that on the 14th of August, DRL will be switching off the network and submitting ceases for the remainder. This doesn't affect our customers though as they will be off the network by then.

We would strongly urge our customers to cease their connections now. We are ceasing connections with no issue at the moment, but as we approach the deadline, DRL will be dealing with a high volume and there could be admin delays and issues.

Hope this helps.

Alfie.

I hope this clears up the confusion for you Smile

Thanks again to @ASK4 for the assistance.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
12-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Question RE: Quick Question About Cut-Off Point
I'm more confused now and my original question still hasn't been answered. Smile

Here is a comparison of Alfie's response against the official ASK4 letter that I received: -

Regarding Cut-Off Date

Letter
Quote:On the 14th July 2014, the ASK4 DRL service will cease to operate. After this date, your DRL broadband service will not work. By that time, if you have not ceased your service with ASK4 and found an alternate supplier of broadband services, your access to the Internet will not work.

Alfie
Quote:As you know, ASK4 are submitting ceases early, to ensure there are no catastrophes in admin on the BT and DRL sides closer to the cut-off on the 14th of August. This will begin on the 19th of July, to be inline with our billing structure.

Regarding Ceasing

Letter
Quote:Given that the last day we can offer your service is now set as Monday 14th July 2014, you must have made a decision about what you are going to do by Monday 2nd June 2014. If you have not submitted the cease request by that date, we will submit one for you and notify you that we have done so.

Alfie
Quote:We would strongly urge our customers to cease their connections now. We are ceasing connections with no issue at the moment, but as we approach the deadline, DRL will be dealing with a high volume and there could be admin delays and issues.
13-07-2014, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2014 03:15 PM by SpencerUk.)
@Rigsby

Reading between the lines I'm predicting;

On 14th July, ASK4 will cut off their authentication to Digital Region..When they are certain all authentication to the network for Digital Region customers which should be by the 19th is cut off, they then will start placing orders for ceases on the line.

Perhaps if I tag @ASK4 maybe they can clarify further?

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
13-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Thanks again Spencer. You've been brilliant pal.

I'll wait and see what happens in the next few days. If my link is still working mid-week, I'll speak to ASK4 and request a cease before the remaining 'high volume' of DRL users start leaving.

It's a shame that communication coming from the DRL providers is still as patchy and/or inconsistent as ever! Not to worry though, it's almost over now...
13-07-2014, 03:16 PM
I assume to be fair the likes or ASK4 and Chess will place their orders in bulk to Thales NOC who will turn in place a bulk order to cease lines to Openreach. Cost effective and easy way of doing things.

Can't see Origin doing that path because they don't know who they are ceasing or regrading yet.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)