Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Quick Question About Cut-Off Point
21-07-2014, 01:50 PM
RE: Quick Question About Cut-Off Point
(17-07-2014 04:21 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  @ASK4

As a suggestion, if the tags are on still after 48hours and the order has been closed off, would you contact the Digital Region NOC on the customers behalf to tell them to talk to the Tags On The Line team to manually update their systems?

Yes, we would assist as much as we are able if this were to happen. It's tricky sometimes because we don't have a direct to BT relationship, but we would do what we can to help.

(17-07-2014 08:25 PM)mirdragon Wrote:  I do have one question @ASK4 which everyone seems to have overlooked

If customers are solely relying on the DRL network and they are ceased, how will they get the final email confirming they have ceased if they don't have a connection?

Not everyone may have access to internet and checking email via other means

Just a thought Big Grin

I see your point completely and agree that we shouldn't assume everybody has alternative access to the internet. I think on this occasion though, that given the amount of communication we have already sent, including advice on the CPE state change after ceasing, we have made reasonable efforts. Most will have access and those that don't can always give our support team a call to check. I take your point though Smile

Tel: 0114 303 3232
Email: [email protected]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2014, 05:53 PM
(21-07-2014 01:50 PM)ASK4 Wrote:  
(17-07-2014 04:21 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  @ASK4

As a suggestion, if the tags are on still after 48hours and the order has been closed off, would you contact the Digital Region NOC on the customers behalf to tell them to talk to the Tags On The Line team to manually update their systems?

Yes, we would assist as much as we are able if this were to happen. It's tricky sometimes because we don't have a direct to BT relationship, but we would do what we can to help.

(17-07-2014 08:25 PM)mirdragon Wrote:  I do have one question @ASK4 which everyone seems to have overlooked

If customers are solely relying on the DRL network and they are ceased, how will they get the final email confirming they have ceased if they don't have a connection?

Not everyone may have access to internet and checking email via other means

Just a thought Big Grin

I see your point completely and agree that we shouldn't assume everybody has alternative access to the internet. I think on this occasion though, that given the amount of communication we have already sent, including advice on the CPE state change after ceasing, we have made reasonable efforts. Most will have access and those that don't can always give our support team a call to check. I take your point though Smile

Agreed, I think you have done excellent communication

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
02-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Quote:...your Internet access with ASK4 will stop working either on the 19th of July or shortly afterwards.

Erm.. I'm still connected to DR.

It's been 2 weeks since the 19th July and almost 3 weeks since my cease was submitted. Dodgy

Maybe they forgot about my connection and I'm going to get free fibre for life. Yipee!
02-08-2014, 11:21 PM
They obviously forgot yes but then the network is physically switched off this month so sadly not "for life".

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Yes, I know that really.

It's just that I've been misinformed twice and am beginning to doubt the truth.
03-08-2014, 05:29 PM
You should contact them to find out what is happening.
04-08-2014, 06:41 PM
(03-08-2014 05:29 PM)bgnx Wrote:  You should contact them to find out what is happening.

If its just a cease then why would you? Might as well use it until to cuts off, its not like its going to make any difference to the down time.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
05-08-2014, 05:24 PM
I can confirm that I was officially ceased yesterday. Smile

My line has cleared today and the BT Infinity checker has gone from a "No" to a "Yes" in the last couple of hours.

Thanks again for all your help. I hope everyone else gets ceased in a pleasing manner.
05-08-2014, 11:11 PM
"ceased in a pleasing manner" haha!

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
08-08-2014, 12:51 PM
How certain are we that the whole shooting match will close on the 14th.Is this 100% guaranteed that the lights will go out on that date or is it just an estimated timescale..Confused

Phil.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)