Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
no internet for 2-3 hours
29-03-2012, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 11:56 AM by aceado.)
no internet for 2-3 hours
so.. about 12am i have not internet for just over 2 hours yet this morning i've haven't seen anyone said anything about nor do i have clue what happen as this sure is 1 thing i REALLY hate about digital region Angry

any ideas why i had no internet for ~2 hours? @ASK4 @jody-ASK4

here's some logs from what was going on

Code:
index     Time          Type     Level     Log Content
1    Mar 29 00:24:45    PPP     INFO     sent [PADI Host-Uniq(0x000002df)]
2    Mar 29 00:24:50    PPP     INFO     sent [PADI Host-Uniq(0x000002df)]
3    Mar 29 00:25:00    PPP     INFO     sent [PADI Host-Uniq(0x000002df)]
4    Mar 29 00:25:20    PPP     ERROR     Timeout waiting for PADO packets
5    Mar 29 00:25:29    PPP     INFO     sent [PADI Host-Uniq(0x000002e2)]
6    Mar 29 00:25:34    PPP     INFO     sent [PADI Host-Uniq(0x000002e2)]
7    Mar 29 00:25:44    PPP     INFO     sent [PADI Host-Uniq(0x000002e2)]
8    Mar 29 00:26:04    PPP     ERROR     Timeout waiting for PADO packets
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2012, 12:21 PM
RE: no internet for 2-3 hours
I'm with ASK4 and I didn't see any drops last night:
monitor pppoe-out1
uptime: 1w3d13h45m53s
idle-time: 0s
active-links: 1
service-name: ask4-dr

Did your line lose sync at the time?

Lee - (back to ADSL2+ because of the DR closure)

ASK4 DR:Back to ADSL2+
29-03-2012, 12:32 PM
@aceado have you contacted Ask4 via their support lines so they can deal with individually rather than ask them on here - remember this is an unofficial support forum where we are lucky the isp's have signed up to help offer advice and not to comment on individual connection issues

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
29-03-2012, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 12:38 PM by aceado.)
i understand what your asking me but it kind of lame that i have to ask ask4 if there was a problem never mind blind guess the problem, all i know is i had no internet and just wondering why this is as for me i find digital region seem to "pussy foot" around a problem which isn't nice i still don't get why they don't have a basic website or page or something to give us customers some status and an idea of what is going on just take a look at be* status page (bethere) https://avatar.bethere.co.uk/networkStat...orForum.do nice smart and dead simple

oh forgot to saying this in the doncaster area
29-03-2012, 10:32 PM
@aceado

Funny you should mention downtime..Some folk down the street from me (bottom of road) are on Digital Region and had no sync since midnight last night.

Re the service status. If you want to work together with @mirdragon on it, by all means. It's something I'd love to have, but I can't see any ISP making a page for it or Digital Region releasing an API to us or list.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2012, 10:39 PM
@SpencerUK thank you for confirming that other customers was having the same sort of problem as i was having. what i don't understand is why don't they tell us what the problem was as its kind of sad having to report it to isp and get them to tell the NOC team what happen and to get a reply sure you are told what the problem was but why don't they tell everyone ?? also the 1 thing i would love to know just as a basic yes or no would be is there any more people connected to the same cabinet as me ? but i will have to wait for the pigs to fly before that happens :/
29-03-2012, 10:46 PM
It is a big gripe but as Richard @Digital Region touched on with communication to my team, with them being a wholesale reseller, they don't really have to provide one as such. It's down to the ISP's to provide something like that.

My opinion is that they all should

* Digital Region as a network status
* ISP's to report service issues on their network.

I'm sure @mirdragon will welcome any feedback on ideas on getting Digital Region and ISP's to create some form of status page.

I'll check in with the folk down the road after I have finished work tomorrow. See if they are back online Smile

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2012, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 11:18 PM by aceado.)
sure it would be great to have some kind of status from the main network itself (digital region) whiles having abit more info from the isp your with but i really don't think this will every happen Sad

its the simple things in life is what people like and this is one of them, am sure there is other people who think its really sad how they don't offer this info HuhSad
30-03-2012, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 09:06 AM by jody-ASK4.)
I wasn't aware of any network wide issues yesterday, graphs show us still shifting traffic across all our PPPoE access concentrators during the time you mention which would indicate any issues were localised rather than global.

Looking at your account (if I've got the right one which I *think* I have) then I can see the following:

Mar 29 00:04:06 - we dropped the PPP session due to timeout i.e. we didn't receive any LCP echo responses from your CPE for 20 seconds.
Mar 29 01:53:49 - PPP session came back up when your CPE logged back in.

Although we do pick up all these events we don't necessarily immediately act upon them. We have no way of knowing if you've just unplugged the CPE, turned it off while you're hoovering, knocked a cable out or whatever and in the majority of cases most of our residential customers wouldn't wish to be contacted in the early hours to be told that we've seen your connection drop. As you can imagine, when you're looking at hundreds or thousands of customer's connections individually then PPP drops are a common occurrence and don't necessarily signify any particular issue.

Having said that I've just looked at dropouts as a whole within a close time frame of when your connection dropped and more than normal did drop out around the time you were having issues.

I'll look to put a new statistical report trigger together today to try and flag these sorts of issues up so we can kick them back to Thales and see if they can find out what's happened. I'll also get some data together on this outage and we'll get it over to Thales to see what they say.
30-03-2012, 01:17 PM
in regards to the service status - my idea is to have a section on the forum called service status which can be updated regularly and members link to the RSS of the site - this can then be picked up on your mobile quite easily by an rss reader app

on android I use RssDemon and it already linked to drlforum for it's feed and I'm sure there will be similar on iphone

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)