Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
The Star - has your business been affected?
21-08-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: The Star - has your business been affected?
Hi David
May be worth adding about residential customers like myself who have done a cease but because other ISPS have not even heard of digital region switching over has been a lot of hassle. I switched to sky but they couldn't understand that they had to send an engineer out to cut off the DR connection. I'm still without broadband till next week when an engineer should come to the property.
I have two jobs and one of them I pick my shifts online for the NHS. At tve moment I can't
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2014, 10:46 AM
Openreach should KNOW which lines have SLU on them and if they had done the cease properly they should have removed the DR tie as part of the that.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2014, 11:34 AM
@alexatkin,

SLU is probably Openreaches single most under-utilised product they have.

It's size by comparison to other products means that problems with ordering just don't expose themselves.

Yes, the lines most certainly have obvious records of SLU on the line.

So when a highly popular order type such as FTTC or ADSL or even PSTN crops up on the line, does the requires sub-task get created properly and automatically for the SLU?

Having been involved in the earlier phases of FTTC ordering, I would have to say there is a very good chance that this sub-task creation may be imperfect and is not always created.

Should they fix this, yes. Will they, well given the SLU product base just shrank, do you really think they are about to waste the resource?
Find all posts by this user
29-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Of course, but shouldn't there at LEAST be some way to make notes and have them passed through to the engineers?

The problem seems to be that its so automated that any slight deviation is completely unaccounted for.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)