Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Out of the blue call from Origin
09-03-2015, 11:33 PM
Out of the blue call from Origin
A quick explanation.......

In August last year, after been cut off with the closure of DR I complained to CISAS about Origin Broadband. The conclusion of the case was that Origin would release me from my contract and refund the sum of approximately £15. At the time Origin Broadband agreed to this, however I have not received a refund.

I switched to BT in August 2014 and heard nothing from Origin since, that is until last week when I received a call asking me for approximately £110 for phone calls made while I was in contract them. I asked for more information but they could not provide any, they said they would get back to me. I believe the amount may be due to incorrect billing on their part, I never received any kind of itemised bill during my 18 month contract with them, but as I had asked for a package with inclusive calls I did not see this to be a problem at the time. I have also reviewed my contract with them which refers to a VOIP service not the fixed analogue telephone line that I actually had.

Additionally, on the contract, the pricing schedule bears no relevance to the amount I was paying for line rental and ‘Standard Calls’ the contract seems to be geared up for a VOIP service - something I did not have.

I'm still waiting for them to get back to me I suspect they have gone back to BT Wholesale to retrieve the call list.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this type of call and any advice would also be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2015, 01:36 AM
RE: Out of the blue call from Origin
I've had an email from them today saying that I had recently been on their website...... Not this year if I remember correctly! Still spot on with their call backs then lol

It would seem this company is still a joke by the call you have had, several months after the cease of DR and my email. How are they still trading? I'd tell them to shuv it up their .... Probably couldn't afford the legal fees to take you to court

[Image: john22rob.png]

http://www.quidco.com/user/1417009/232503
10-03-2015, 08:40 AM
(10-03-2015 01:36 AM)john22rob Wrote:  I've had an email from them today saying that I had recently been on their website...... Not this year if I remember correctly! Still spot on with their call backs then lol

It would seem this company is still a joke by the call you have had, several months after the cease of DR and my email. How are they still trading? I'd tell them to shuv it up their .... Probably couldn't afford the legal fees to take you to court

I got one of those web site email too!, Yup very dodgy setup.
10-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Stranger than that, I had origin just before or after Xmas ring me to tell me that I am still not in a fibre area but they will let me know if that changes lol. Do they want me to get on floor while they give me a few more kicks?

[Image: john22rob.png]

http://www.quidco.com/user/1417009/232503
16-03-2015, 11:12 PM
I had a call from them tonight saying that I owed them 3 standing orders from just before I left last July.
I owed them NOTHING and after putting the phone down checked back bank statements to find all the so called missing payments had been paid..
Are they struggling for cash or what.!!!
Well they certainly won't be getting any more of mine..Angry

Phil.
17-03-2015, 05:26 PM
I disputed the final amount they were trying to charge me, I guess the office calculator was/is broken as I never heard anything more from them!

A shambles of a company, will never touch them again no matter what they offer.
19-03-2015, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2015 01:31 PM by deejayone.)
Interesting. I literally just had a call out of the blue from Origin.

They wouldn't tell me what it was about as I refused to go through DPA questions with them (I was slightly suspicious) and would only say they were calling from 'the accounts department'.

When I said that I no longer had an account with them and nothing was payable therefore there was no point talking to them he replied 'that is what I need to talk to you about'.

I paid via Direct Debit every single month up to beyond their cut off cock ups and in the heated conversation I had following the cut offs where I was informed I was fully paid up until the service finished, so I can't see what any issue could be.

They are apparently going to email me instead so lets see what it says...
19-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Sounds like they are a bit short of cash this month, throw some figures at them, they don't like that.
20-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Here is the email:

Quote:Following Direct Debit payments that failed when we tried to collect bills in July and August. We needed to speak to you regarding an outstanding balance still showing on the account. I understand these bills covered August and September periods with us and understand the September period is not payable but part of August where you were still with us is still outstanding.

Please can you contact us at the earliest convenient time to resolve this issue.

I'd post my reply back, but it is a bit (lot) sweary...
23-03-2015, 01:44 PM
We don't mind a bit or a lot of swears here, so feel free to post it up!

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)