Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
If RiPWiRE Rumours are True....
04-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi Carolyn,
If you wish for your service to be transferred to Origin that shouldn't be a problem. Just get in touch and we can start the process.
Origin
[email protected]

Tel: +44 (0) 800 2062333
Email: [email protected]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Well I hope they did receive the router as they are advertising two different addresses of where they are, and I sent it to Magna Way address.

The takeup for infinity if what i was told was true was good and more people are being installed for it than what are currently being done for DR, but you can't always believe what is said.

Everyone knows BT Infinity is there but not DR, as we've all received letters for it, and there is info out their regarding the other many providers (including Plusnet) - You punch in your number on their checkers and you get all details except for DR and not one provider also mentions their is DR possibly available in your area...

I agree BT do TM but so do other ISP's, but DR can be affected as well, unless it was just Ripwire that had the problems with bad latency and slow connections during peak hours.

As I've said, DR need to help advertise the service to make it viable and not leave it just up to the ISP's, and they should have done this from the beginning. If they done it correctly they could have waived connection fees or reduced them for new areas to get many people onboard,

All we can do is move and see how things progress over the next few months and lets hope it does for the benefit of the customers but also for the businesses who are employing staff

You noticed that too with the addresses. Glad to know I wasn't the only one.

HiPerhaps we can request our service be transferred to Origin as they seem to be genuinely looking after their customers

I too would be interested in this. Also when transfers do happen, if we are put into a new 12 month deal.
Hi Carolyn,
If you wish for your service to be transferred to Origin that shouldn't be a problem. Just get in touch and we can start the process.
Origin
[email protected]

Do we get a free red carpet roll out as well? Wink
If you could answer the question re contracts, would be appreciated.
Another question..With the rollout of a new router/modem, is that applying to all existing customers who currently have a cellpipe too?

In other news;
I have called Steve Sadler this morning who advised me he left the company (RipWiRE) a while back and isn't aware of the current situation...But in the same voicemail, also let slip and then quickly recovered that Liam, the founder had left.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
04-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Hi,
We have a blue rug in the office on the floor of the gaming area, will that do? Tongue
And regarding contacts my understanding is that it would be a continuation of the current service contract, but we would have to 100% confirm this with Digital Region.
Origin

04-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Hi,

It's not any other ISPs place to speculate on another company current position. However, knowing Digital Region, any customer concerned should not panic as I would be confident they would do everything possible to support any customer who has concerns.

Just to comment on the wider issue, we have a very healthy business which has been operating for over 10 years and the Digital Region side of our business is very much alive and healthy.

Anyone wishing to explore our services can do so at littlebigone.com where you can check your postcode for service availability and estimate speeds, view pricing, chat live, register interest or you can of course call us, we are open 24 hours a day 7 days per week.

littlebigone.com
04-02-2012, 04:14 PM
I wonder when he left then as I received emails from him and answers to my support ticket on 26th January, so he could have only gone within the last week. Unless someone else was using his name?

As an Operations Director within the company, he must have known things were happening and probably the reason why he got out while he could.

As for Liam leaving if it is true then that is also within the last few weeks since I left Ripwire as I've got emails from Steve about Origin winding him up about me moving to them

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
Find all posts by this user
04-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Hi,
We have a blue rug in the office on the floor of the gaming area, will that do? Tongue
And regarding contacts my understanding is that it would be a continuation of the current service contract, but we would have to 100% confirm this with Digital Region.
Origin

haha.
And what of the router?. Not that I mind continuing using the eye sore which is the Cellpipe..could be worse...could be overheating like the Openreach modems..

Hi,

It's not any other ISPs place to speculate on another company current position. However, knowing Digital Region, any customer concerned should not panic as I would be confident they would do everything possible to support any customer who has concerns.

Just to comment on the wider issue, we have a very healthy business which has been operating for over 10 years and the Digital Region side of our business is very much alive and healthy.

Anyone wishing to explore our services can do so at littlebigone.com where you can check your postcode for service availability and estimate speeds, view pricing, chat live, register interest or you can of course call us, we are open 24 hours a day 7 days per week.

littlebigone.com

Welcome onboard to the forums.
All we need now is Ask4 and Unitel and we have the whole lot.
As some have stated previously, I think the long term worry is the future of the Digital Region network.

I wonder when he left then as I received emails from him and answers to my support ticket on 26th January, so he could have only gone within the last week. Unless someone else was using his name?

As an Operations Director within the company, he must have known things were happening and probably the reason why he got out while he could.

As for Liam leaving if it is true then that is also within the last few weeks since I left Ripwire as I've got emails from Steve about Origin winding him up about me moving to them

With recent events, I wouldn't be surprised.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
04-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Hey all,

After my Ripwire connection speeds dropped to around 2meg down (if I was lucky) in the last couple of days, I logged calls (via web) and started trying to find other info.

Eventually came across this forum last night...

Needless to say, I'm full of questions:

1. If DR are keeping our service going, is it supposed to be at full or reduced speed - mine seems to be massively reduced - or could this be a separate issue?

2. It sounds like the disconnects I've been getting (and Ripwire couldn't resolve) were isolated to Ripwire and probably the PPPoE - Can anyone confirm if any of the other DR providers have the same issue - If I move and stay with DR, I want one that doesn't.

3. I obviously want to shift to a stable provider asap - Do I need to wait for some official confirmation / letter, or can I get the process going from Monday?

4. Will I need to buy new equipment when I move / will there be a configuration charge? (assuming staying within DR)

That's it for now, but I'm sure others will come to mind Smile

Cheers
04-02-2012, 05:20 PM
I've been with Ripwire since 31st Jan 2011, so my 12 month contract had just run out anyway. I placed an order with Origin yesterday to move my service to them, just before I heard the news. Except for a few customer service issues with Ripwire and some minor line faults, my Digital Region service has been very good overall. I'm hoping the switch to Origin will prove to be a wise move - I was actually considering going back to normal ADSL to save a few £££!
04-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Hey all,

After my Ripwire connection speeds dropped to around 2meg down (if I was lucky) in the last couple of days, I logged calls (via web) and started trying to find other info.

Eventually came across this forum last night...

Needless to say, I'm full of questions:

1. If DR are keeping our service going, is it supposed to be at full or reduced speed - mine seems to be massively reduced - or could this be a separate issue?

2. It sounds like the disconnects I've been getting (and Ripwire couldn't resolve) were isolated to Ripwire and probably the PPPoE - Can anyone confirm if any of the other DR providers have the same issue - If I move and stay with DR, I want one that doesn't.

3. I obviously want to shift to a stable provider asap - Do I need to wait for some official confirmation / letter, or can I get the process going from Monday?

4. Will I need to buy new equipment when I move / will there be a configuration charge? (assuming staying within DR)

That's it for now, but I'm sure others will come to mind Smile

Cheers

Welcome to the boards. It's nice to see we can be found on the net Big Grin
1: Like any connection in the UK, you are going to see fluctuations on service levels. If you do a little digging on this forum, I've had the same problem. In my case study I did with DR, they have have a threshold of 12mb in throughput..So basically anything under this can be classed as a fault, assuming all diagnostics from your end have been done.
2: You are not alone with the RAS disconnections. Ever since PPoE was introduced, people had these problems. I was one of them. I found a way found it by getting them to put interleaving on my line and and also bump up the INP level. I can now get a stable connection for 2 days or so...Still have DNS problems, but the latter is a separate RiPWiRE issue, something I understand the other providers don't have.
3: Anyone's guess, news about all this only got on here yesterday and I didn't see it until I finished my late shift at Plusnet Towers. Personally I'd wait for the letters to come. The board will stay atleast until everything gets sorted out so you won't be alone.
4: Not to my knowledge. Most you could expect change wise is probably a change of username and password if the new provider requires one. Early days of RiPWiRE, they wasn't a need for one.
If you got any further questions, I and others will try to answer and not to mention we have LittleBigOne and Origin reps on here now...it's like Christmas xD.
I've been with Ripwire since 31st Jan 2011, so my 12 month contract had just run out anyway. I placed an order with Origin yesterday to move my service to them, just before I heard the news. Except for a few customer service issues with Ripwire and some minor line faults, my Digital Region service has been very good overall. I'm hoping the switch to Origin will prove to be a wise move - I was actually considering going back to normal ADSL to save a few £££!

Mine runs out March technically...When you placed the order, did you have to pay the installation fee again?, curious.
I've considered holding out for Sky's offering or BT Retails. Atleast I can have a go at the faults team and tell them what systems they need to use to fix a fault Tongue
Anything else anyone wants to add?

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
04-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi Smokin!

[font='lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif]Answer: Your sync speed would stay the same as the line would be the same, there would only be a difference in speeds if your current provider had layer 3 transit congestion. As we don't you would not experience this.[/font]

Answer: We don't use PPPOE others do, it has been established that this can cause drop outs but it may not be the only cause.

[font='lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif]Answer: A tricky one we have had customers already asking to move to us and we have said that we will transfer them as soon as we can, not that helpful I know but its early days.[/font]

[font='lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif]Answer: Yes and No, your equipment can stay the same but there will be some configuration changes on your end. Simple but changes non the less.[/font]

Hope this heps :-)

Origin

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)