Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
network problems ? :S
24-06-2012, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2012 07:04 PM by aceado.)
Sad network problems ? :S
it seems there is some very wrong going on with my internet connection am not sure if its just me or not but here's abit more info

and take a look at

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share...d0500.html

any ideas @jody-ASK4 ?

20 mins later internet seem to act dead so i turned both the router and cellpipe off and back on. now it seems to ok but i gonna look into this Confused

just been on the phone to ask4 to get tales to look into what happen as this isn't right Confused
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2012, 12:44 AM
RE: network problems ? :S
Ouch!

As a curious thing, what happens when you made a direct connection via PPoE to the Cellipe..did the problem persist?

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Check EVERYTHING, Micro filter (once had similar issue when the filter got broken...) wires being chewed, blah blah blah. Just to make sure it aint your end. Then report it Smile

ISP: Ask4 DR Speed: 39.5Mbit /9.90Mbit Ping: 16ms to bbc.co.uk Line Length: ~400m
25-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Well I was going to suggest that when it happens, don't reboot the Cellpipe, just make a manual connection to it and then test the speed again. Rule the router out first.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
25-06-2012, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 12:59 AM by aceado.)
As a curious thing, what happens when you made a direct connection via PPoE to the Cellipe..did the problem persist?
25-06-2012, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 04:22 AM by alexatkin.)
Powering off both the router and the Cellpipe is not helpful, as it makes it impossible to tell which was at fault.

As suggested, the next time it happens try using the PC directly to the Cellpipe WITHOUT powering down the Cellpipe. That way you will know for certain if the problem is with the Cellpipe/connection or the router.
(note, test connecting with the PC directly to the Cellpipe BEFORE you have problems, to make sure you got it configured right for when you need to test)

Also, filters can break completely at random, like any other electrical device. So never rule anything out.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
25-06-2012, 08:24 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it's happening regularly, if it is then you need to work out if it's a particular device or external to you. Software on devices does crash etc. from time to time.

Tel: 0845 123 8710
Email: [email protected]
Portal: http://portal.ask4.com/
25-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Not really relative but this is what was happening to my LBO connection the images you posted look similar to how mine used to go.

In my case it was the router because as soon as I swopped it for a different one the problems went away as a test I connected the original and the problems started again so I retired it

[Image: livetag_409452.png]
25-06-2012, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 11:45 AM by aceado.)
well this is the very first time it has ever happened last time i had a problem it was only in the doncaster area which this could be or maybe more pussyfooting from tales?? using the cellpipe to a pc is fine but a pain in the backside when the important info you need to know it not at hand or easy to remember plus i hate using a pppoe unless its really needed to. once again i must stress nothing has changed at all or been touched. i did notice it took about 3 min for the cellpipe to even get a dsl light back on once i turned it off and back on
25-06-2012, 11:50 AM
@aceado

The reason why I asked is that you always need to rule our the router before going straight to the ISP.
On my BT line the homehub goes funny on LAN speed wise but when I plug up to the Openreach modem, no problem at all...On my DR line its direct connected anyway so I no longer have any issues Big Grin

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)