Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
RiPWiRE Announcement
09-02-2012, 09:59 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
Good evening all.

Thanks for confirming the router issue.

For everyone information, our normal residential service does actually include a wireless router. We felt that this was the only way to move forward.

Many thanks Jon

Tel: 0845 123 8710
Email: [email protected]
Portal: http://portal.ask4.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2012, 11:10 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
I have a question for you guys in fact. Aside from the VDSL cell pipe, did RiPWiRE provide a cable router to the end user? We'd like to get one ordered so we can do a migration internally and ensure there are no issues.
Alfie.

Hi Alfie,
RiPWiRE never supplied a router because they could never guarantee it would work with the Cellpipe.

Same here, RipWire only supplied the VDSL box, got my own router now so not worried about another one clogging up the place. ;-)

As another note, just phoned ASK4 and spoke to a guy called Luke. Very impressed, he was really friendly and helpful and gave me faith that everything is being looked after. I don't think we give enough praise to front line support people so here I am, great first call ASK4!

Phil

I spoke with Luke last night. Very nice and well mannered bloke to have a chat with.

Good evening all.

Thanks for confirming the router issue.

For everyone information, our normal residential service does actually include a wireless router. We felt that this was the only way to move forward.

Many thanks Jon

Curious. What router is it?

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2012, 11:55 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
Hi,

Off the top of my head, it is one of the TP Link Wireless N Wireless Routers. I cannot remember the actual model.

I am sure one of the support them will post it for me.

Thanks Jon

Tel: 0845 123 8710
Portal: http://portal.ask4.com/
10-02-2012, 12:07 AM
RiPWiRE Announcement
If it is the TP-Link TL-WR1043ND then it is a good router as i've got one along with the D-Link Dir 825

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
10-02-2012, 12:15 AM
RiPWiRE Announcement
Hi,

I most certainly can Jon, it's the TP-LINK TL-WR740N. http://uk.tp-link.com/products/details/?...TL-WR740N. A very good and stable router for the price.

We think it makes sense to provide a router with the service as long as it has been thoroughly tested on the network it's intended for first. That way we know where we are when we support the connection. I ought to add of course that we only provide a router to new ASK4 customers as part of their setup fee.

@Mirdragon

The best way to fall back on the cell pipe when doing diagnostics and rule out the customers 3rd party equipment as an issue is to connect a computer directly via cat5 to port 1 of the cell pipe. Your operating system can then establish a PPPoE connection directly. We've used this method many times with success.

@gribzy / @SpencerUk

I have passed your comments onto luke and it made his evening Smile

night all

Alfie

Tel: 0114 303 3232
10-02-2012, 12:22 AM
RiPWiRE Announcement
Thats what I done using smoothwall, was still told it was all 3 routers and the PC acting as pppoe that was faulty.

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
10-02-2012, 03:57 AM
RiPWiRE Announcement
I need to contact ask4 as well it seems. I have received no communication. :-(

I appreciate its likely not your fault. But out of interest, are there many accounts without phone details, have you had people phone who you didn't have on the system from ripwire, who got lost in translation?

ISP: Ask4 DR Speed: 39.5Mbit /9.90Mbit Ping: 16ms to bbc.co.uk Line Length: ~400m
10-02-2012, 11:07 AM
RiPWiRE Announcement
I need to contact ask4 as well it seems. I have received no communication. :-(

I appreciate its likely not your fault. But out of interest, are there many accounts without phone details, have you had people phone who you didn't have on the system from ripwire, who got lost in translation?

I wouldn't worry about this.
I have been contact with both Alfie and Jon over the past couple of days who have found issues with the information that has been provided by RiPWiRE in terms of customer database. To sort this out, Ask4 are going directly to Digital Region for all the RiPWiRE asset data. This will include telephone numbers which they everyone will be contacted.
The phone call I had from Luke was just a quick one. It's basically to advise what you already know and not to panic xD
@Ask4Support
If you can convince my boss at Plusnet to give me a pay rise, you can then give Luke one Wink

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)