Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Not in the Ripwire Database?
09-02-2012, 10:00 AM
I started another thread on this, because the other one is getting quite cluttered and this is a separate but probably fairly key issue/question (for Ask4 as well as the customers)

Like others, I wasn't contacted by the support team and subsequently I called them to find out why.

Turns out I wasn't in the database Ripwire supplied them.

I have given them my details, including my account number with Ripwire and have been assured they will figure it out and it is important that I/we give them the chance to do so.

The pertinent question is in relation to all/any customers who are not aware of this situation and also are not in the database.

I'm probably 'teaching my grandmother to suck eggs' with the suggestions below, but....

I'm presuming that the accounts database for Ripwire has these details, even if their CRM system didn't (they managed to produce an invoice for me each month) - perhapse Ripwire/Liam can provide an extract from that?

I'm also presuming that the Radius database has a record of currently active users - maybe some reconcilliation between the two will assist highlighting the extent of the discrepency and then DR/Thales can help track these people down.

EDIT: Just changed forum category Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2012, 10:18 AM
I can understand its frustrating, especially when a statement is put out saying each customer has been contacted once at least.
I had the call Tuesday night and its was just a quick call. It wasn't provide you any further info as to whats not on here but I know where you are coming from.
Both your last statements (Radius and CRM) are very good points, but I can go one better.
Digital Region would surely have an "asset" database saying what line's are with what ISP. Surely Ask4 could go to Digital Region to request this info and cross check everything?..Just a thought Smile
Edit: Quick thought, how long you been with RiPWiRE?

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2012, 04:32 PM
My 'go-live' date was 14/2/2011

Ordered something like 27/1/2011

So just shy of a year.

I'd wondered if it was related to length of contract, or even if still in contract also.....
09-02-2012, 10:47 PM
I have queried this with Jon earlier today. They have contacted DR to get the rest of the data so I would expect a call soon.
I did wonder myself for a moment but you're soon out of contract.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
13-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi,
I have heard nothing so far - I was only connected on 25/1/12. Are the supposed to have contacted us?
Also my speeds seem to be extremely variable - which is the best site to do a reliable speedtest on?
Thanks
Carolyn
14-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Have a look at the slow speed thread and download jdcast and set same as spenceruk and perform a test.

posted via mobile

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
14-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Any word from ask4 on if we should contact them if they havn't contacted us re the change over?

ISP: Ask4 DR Speed: 39.5Mbit /9.90Mbit Ping: 16ms to bbc.co.uk Line Length: ~400m
14-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Hi,
I have heard nothing so far - I was only connected on 25/1/12. Are the supposed to have contacted us?
Also my speeds seem to be extremely variable - which is the best site to do a reliable speedtest on?
Thanks
Carolyn

I would suggest contacting Ask4. I have confirmation from Ask4 that they now pretty much have all the data from both the NOC and Ask4
Any word from ask4 on if we should contact them if they havn't contacted us re the change over?

I had a brief conversation with Ask4 today. They are still aiming for the 20th of this month.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
15-02-2012, 12:54 AM
Not that Spencer, if they dont know we exist, what then? Will we move or what?

ISP: Ask4 DR Speed: 39.5Mbit /9.90Mbit Ping: 16ms to bbc.co.uk Line Length: ~400m
15-02-2012, 01:27 AM
They can only work with the information provided.
At the moment, I understand they are having to work from a Radius system and then try to cross match is with your RiPWiRE account and then check the NOC. Granted, not perfect, but as I said previous, they can only work with what they got.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)