Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Info
27-07-2013, 10:41 AM
RE: Info
I think the community can help the current ISP's advertise however its up to Digital Region to attract national known ISP's. I think LittleBigOne and Origin had the right ideas of advertising, just there hasn't been enough of it!!

Last night I pondered trying to reach out to the councils that are on social media to see if we can use gentle persuasion. Still pondering it now.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2013, 04:28 PM
(26-07-2013 12:49 PM)Origin_Pete Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 07:29 AM)Nutty34 Wrote:  I am sure you are right mate but we will never know unless we ask Smile

Everything's going REALLY well for Origin right now!

I can't say much - other than that we have an agreement protecting our - and our customers' interests. And contrary to this report, it's BAU for us! Smile

@Origin_Pete Are you allowed to tell us how many customers you have or is that confidential?

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
27-07-2013, 04:56 PM
More than all the other ISPs put together - and I know for certain there are more than 3000 customers on the network.

All I can say is it's a good time for us, our customers connections are safe and we're adding loads more every week.

I can't be drawn further in internal matters with the network though as its not really my right.
29-07-2013, 10:23 PM
That is fair enough, it was really the claim of being only 3000 customers that we wanted clearing up I think.

30-07-2013, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2013 07:51 PM by gribz_uk.)
(29-07-2013 10:23 PM)alexatkin Wrote:  That is fair enough, it was really the claim of being only 3000 customers that we wanted clearing up I think.

So why aren't Digital Region coming out fighting their corner? If it was my business I certainly wouldn't be sitting back and letting the government undermine my prospects.

I would like to know where this 3000 figure has come from, maybe a Freedom of Information Request to the relevant government dept might help out..

Well, rather than wait around I made the FOI request myself;

Quote:Hello,

I am making a request for some information to clarify a point made by MP Michael Fallon in a commons debate on Monday 15th July 2013 in regards to the South Yorkshire Digital Region project.

In this debate he stated: "By about this point—seven years later—it was intended to have attracted 20% of households in south Yorkshire, which would equate to 108,000 customers. It actually has 3,000 customers."

Could you please provide the data he used to give this figure to the house, which I would expect to show the amount of customer active across the Digital Region project. This information is important as I do not feel the Minister has backed up his claim with tangible evidence.

I await your response.

Let's see what happens !
Find all posts by this user
30-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Do you have to pay for FOI requests? I have never really thought about making one myself.

31-07-2013, 12:07 AM
newp:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/

Use that and the whole process is dead easy. Just make sure you pick your agency correctly, and word your question well.

Also, don't be surprised if they worm out on the grounds of "commercial sensitivity".
Find all posts by this user
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)