Thread Closed 
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Moved from Chess to DamTel?
01-02-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: Moved from Chess to DamTel?
I was with BT for years before moving to DAMTEL. I have been with them now for 3 years and renewed my contract once after 24 months. To be fair, I have never had any real problem with my line and can always get hold of them if I have a query. I had a fault a couple of weeks back but they got BT on site pretty quick. The number I call always seems to work - 0207 125 0455. Or the faults line - 0844 4 FAULTS. I get the impression from some posts on this chain, that they might have been written by DAMTEL's competitors??? It seems like the industry is continually consolidating and companies are buying each other all the time. Maybe one for the moderator. Anyway, credit where credit is due - at least I don't have to spend half the day on hold to an overseas call centre with this lot!
Find all posts by this user
01-02-2014, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014 08:00 PM by Chalky.)
Nine Group appears to be a Channel Wholesaler that don't sell to individuals (except in this exceptional circumstance) so I don't see how this has anything to do with DAMTEL's competitors.

They aren't trying to sell anything and if they were then we would indeed act. If they were looking to do some damage to DAMTEL's reputation, there's more influencial places they could have gone than our little corner of the Internet. They would have gone to a lot of trouble (multiple e-mail addresses, geographically diverse IP addresses and different providers) to have very little impact.

It is good to hear that not every customer is having problems though!

DAMTEL are more than welcome to come and defend their postion if they would like to. If they represented themselves on Social Media, I would have invited them myself but I'm not going to go out of my way to phone them, particularily on an 0844 number.

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2014, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014 10:17 PM by Crest Events.)
Hi Chalky.
I've looked into Nine and they certainly do have a big retail division, servicing direct retail customers. They also seem to make regular acquisitions of retail customer bases.
Some people on this thread are suggesting that DAMTEL are in trouble. That doesn't seem to be the case and they have a strong rating (60/100 on Credit Focus with no Gazette notices etc). Whereas Nine Telecom is just 1/100, suggesting that they are in dire straits. Even if this is not the main corporate vehicle, it is outrageous for Nine to let a constituent company to go bust in this way.

DAMTEL's rating, by comparison.....

And this is Nine Group! Hardly a robust wholesale channel provider! Credit score of 5/100. From what I can see, DAMTEL are by far the safest bet here at 60/100.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Don't want to labour the point but I've just also credit-referenced 'Club Communications LTD'. This is Nine's parent company. It is also on the verge of bankruptcy (Credit score of 1 / 100 with 'Extreme Risk' and a credit limited of £0). Nine Telecom are also 1 / 100. This is seriously worrying and makes me think that they are doing something underhand by contacting DAMTEL's customers - surely DAMTEL should be mopping-up Nine's customers, not vice versa.

DAMTEL score 60 / 100 with 'below average risk'.

The more I look into this, the more I am thinking that DAMTEL are the safest provider, whereas Nine may be on the way out of the arena. Chalky, I have emailed my account manager at DAMTEL and sent her a link to this forum so hopefully she will provide some sort of reassurance soon. They do not seem to be represented on Twitter.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the research and contacting DamTel.

The thing that still springs to mind for me though is it's not asking people to jump ship and go with Nine. People have merely initially presented a problem with their DamTel lines. If there isn't a problem with DamTel then people aren't going to go looking for this thread so again, what does anyone else have to gain from this?

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2014, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 11:48 PM by WillPS.)
"Hello - I'm just an average DamTel customer. I've decided to turn up here (a board about DRL, nothing to do with DamTel) on a thread critical of DamTel to endorse them and show one arbitrary credit report and imply it is a universal truth - showing once and for all that DamTel are brilliant".

Yeah, right. It's more painfully obvious than "alliwantforxmasisapsp"
05-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Not that any of this affects me but I found a post on a Southend forum

http://www.sarfend.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Y...1391511469

Damtel telecommunications failure of Service
Yesterday at 10:57am
Security Systems Group Advice
After a week without telephone lines or internet facilities as a result of our Telephone line Supplier having their services disconnected by their BT wholesale line supplier, our company has overcome massive obstacles and moved mountains to achieve a return of telephone services.
To be able to work all our worried 9 staff worked hard over the weekend moving offices to another premises where lines were now operational and internet facilities returned to normal on Monday the 3rd of February 2014.m

We understand from talking to Ofcom that Damtels telecommunications lines were withdrawn January 24th January 2014 plunging thousands of their customers into chaos, and causing a great deal of worry for staff fearful of losing business and resulting in the loss of jobs.

As DAMTEL are a Southend on Sea based company Was anyone else locally affected by the loss of lines or internet facilities ?????

Please can you message me as I am taking the issue up with a Local member of Parliament who is asking for details, we believe it is not acceptable or the done thing to plunge companies into a business threatening situation, without any warnings or advice which is what happened to us.

Our new telephone lines are:

01268 681068
01268 691919

[email protected]
06-02-2014, 10:56 PM
I have used DAMTEL for several years and have nothing but praise for them. I have only experienced one fault last year and they had it fixed by BT Openreach on the same day (as I understand it, BT Openreach are ultimately responsible for the whole set-up).

I would happily recommend DAMTEL - indeed, I have done several times. Only problem I had was a termination fee from Unicom when I moved to DAMTEL but it was wiped off in the end.
11-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Over the years I have used BT, Chess, Daisy, Unicom, XLN and Damtel.

Without question, the most transparent (and cheap service) is provided by Damtel. I have been with them now for over two years.

I have never come across Nine and, judging from the above, would never consider using them.

Anthony Grade
11-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Just an update and thanks again for allowing this discussion on your board.
My friend is back up and running now with Talk Talk, he`s had no communication at all from Damtel since his phone line was disconnected last month as stated in my earlier post, we did look up his area account manager on linkedin as his phone wasn`t accepting incoming calls, his profile earlier this week said he is unemployed so it`s all a complete mystery to us, maybe it was some glitch that just affected a few customers.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed 

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)