Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Close Date Announced
06-02-2014, 09:26 PM
RE: Close Date Announced
(06-02-2014 09:23 PM)Nutty34 Wrote:  The councils are moving schools off of DR during the summer holidays, maybe they are getting a little more breathing space as they are having to lay new fibre to each school.

Surely a fair few can move straight over to the BT FTTC network or Virgin? Laying fibre seems a touch extreme!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 09:37 PM
For Rotherham it is a joint BT/Virgin venture (odd I know, but true), the vast majority of schools (Primary) require new fibre.
06-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Best stock up on viewing material before i'm back to ADSL2 speeds then.. Smile
07-02-2014, 11:38 AM
just got in contact it was a email not a letter and was a quite sparse email at that logged into his email here is a print screen of it

Ash

[Image: 4173472130.png][Image: 8115047.png]
07-02-2014, 11:52 AM
I might be missing something here but to me that looks like a mailshot inviting people to switch - to Chess???? Do they have an offering other than DR?

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
07-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Chess Telecom offer BT FFTC and other services but are primarily aimed at businesses.

The thing that strikes me is that the e-mail doesn't really convey the urgency of the situation and could easily be missed/caught by SPAM filters. Plus, some people may have changed e-mail address since this time or might not have even have had their details passed on from LittleBigOne properly. If this is going to be their only communicationI think that a lot of people are not going to find out until they have no Internet!

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2014, 06:46 PM
I doubt this will be the only communication as there are contractual and commercial issues to address with providing people with a service.

I'm guessing that they are looking to close down there DR infra by mid may - they maybe don't have the customer base to support it any more - and this "soft" communication is the first step with ~90 days to go.

I would assume a more formal communication with 30 days notice later on.

I
07-02-2014, 10:34 PM
chess have been trying to push my m8 to switch onto open reach since they took over LBO i presume theyve been doing it to others too, but he can only get ADSL so hes told them no every time ironically hell now be bumping back onto ADSL anyway with them stopping it

Ash

[Image: 4173472130.png][Image: 8115047.png]
08-02-2014, 03:08 PM
(07-02-2014 06:46 PM)Hippojay Wrote:  I'm guessing that they are looking to close down there DR infra by mid may - they maybe don't have the customer base to support it any more - and this "soft" communication is the first step with ~90 days to go.

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

If Origin customer numbers are anything to go by, they have (had) 99% of Digital Regions customers, so it makes sense that the other ISPs will be looking to jump ship sooner rather than later.

This is why its going to be interesting to see what Origin are going to do.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2014, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 07:33 PM by john22rob.)
It needs to be something special to keep the customers who will be downgraded to adsl, the offers BT have make it a no brainer to switch. The only thing that got me on DR was FTTC, definitely not the price!

[Image: john22rob.png]

http://www.quidco.com/user/1417009/232503
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)