Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Migrating Issues from DR
20-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Migrating Issues from DR
Has anyone else had trouble migrating from DR due to services on their line?
I've been trying to move to Plusnet for nearly 2 months now, in the hopes of beating the DR closure (so I've missed that now).
But they're having trouble moving due to the service being on the line. They keep checking this week for the DR service to expire but it still shows as on the line.
It sounds like I'm going to have to start a new phone line which I didn't really want to do.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2014, 03:33 PM
RE: Migrating Issues from DR
Well just about everybody. You should read this thread:

https://drlforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1252

A few have succeeded with a MAC to A&A or Zen, but no others that we are aware of. Others including myself have taken a new second line. It is possible that Openreach will clear the service tags off the lines next week, but there is no definite news. According to my Openreach guy on Monday they have a briefing next week about DR cabinets, which is a sign that at least something is happening.
20-08-2014, 04:10 PM
My very initial advice, raise a formal complaint with Origin.

Despite Digital Region being the core supplier that needs to remove this, Origin are your supplier responsible for holding their own suppliers in line.

Failure to raise a complaint means that come such a time, you will be on the back foot and the process needs to be started (raising now starts you eight week ball rolling).

I am 100% the same boat as you and will be phoing today to see what is what, as Origin promised 3 working days which expired yesterday (came and went).

I know full well this was going to happen, but I have little choice than to plan the game
20-08-2014, 05:38 PM
hi im also in the same boat contacted a@a they need a mac code ha ha or a new line was a possibility could you tell me the correct procedure for a formal complaint oh also said I could phone the tag helpline myself to get rid of the tag it could take them 7days but if I did it personally it would be don there and then but cant find a number just going round in circles
20-08-2014, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2014 05:50 PM by john22rob.)
I moved to sky, eventually they got it right and I only had 3days down time.

How ever my mum went for Plusnet, she still isn't connected and we placed the order weeks ago. Got to wait fur the tag to go and it will be fine

[Image: john22rob.png]

http://www.quidco.com/user/1417009/232503
20-08-2014, 06:33 PM
@prichardson

Reminds me..Need to check yours...I'll do it now haha....

@orsum and @Alan_B

PM me your numbers, i'll see if an orders in. If not, you're in the same boat as Phil.

I'm going to update this guide tonight to add this thing about ceases..

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-08-2014, 06:59 PM
hi sorry cant send you my number I do not know what it is we have never used the voip I didnt want a landline but the wife dealt initially getting the contract and the engineer gave her the number (dictated ) so we are stuffed really I am trying to contact them to get it I have emailed a formal complaint and asked for a deadlock letter may go down the new line route I can get fibre box 33 at edlington im led to believe
20-08-2014, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2014 08:09 PM by SpencerUk.)
If its Voip it won't show in the BT database anyway.

Complete an address search and screenshot the services you can get Smile

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

..Obviously blank out your home address

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
20-08-2014, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2014 08:20 PM by alexatkin.)
Surprisingly my migration to Zen went smoothly.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
20-08-2014, 08:43 PM
(20-08-2014 06:33 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  @prichardson

Reminds me..Need to check yours...I'll do it now haha....

@orsum and @Alan_B

PM me your numbers, i'll see if an orders in. If not, you're in the same boat as Phil.

I'm going to update this guide tonight to add this thing about ceases..

@SpencerUk - could you check mine for me? I asked Origin for a cease last Monday (11th) but I doubt they are prioritising ceases with the limited resources they appear to have.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)