Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Signed up to ripwire's broadband, but they don't seem interested?
16-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Good evening,
We have spoken to ripwire about their uptp 24Mbs residential service. i agreed to sign up and passed on the MAC key 2/3 weeks ago, i also gave them my details to set up the direct debit etc.
The first week passed and i heard nothing, the second came and still nothing. So, i rang Ripwire to see what was going on and i was informed that i woud receive a manual 3 days before the switch and my modem and kit 1 day before the switch from out previous provider. I thought ok i will wait another week for the kit to arrive. It ran into another week and still nothing so i rang them again. 3 times i have rang now only to get told that someone will call me back that day.
I don't get a call back, ever. Whats going on? are you not bothered about me as a customer? are you even setting us up for your service?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Mine was similar... Its likely that they are waiting on Open reach, I was waiting about a month. They should be more useful with these things, like giving more feedback.
Give them a ring and demand to know what the hold up is... Thats all I can advise.
Hope it sorts out man.
(oh and this is an unofficial forum set up by customers [Spence] so we cant help on the valued customer thing Sad)

ISP: Ask4 DR Speed: 39.5Mbit /9.90Mbit Ping: 16ms to bbc.co.uk Line Length: ~400m
18-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Cheers, i want it to get sorted and get some decent speeds but i am getting no feed back from them what so ever
20-12-2011, 06:51 PM
after several days of playing phone tennis with ripwire i got a response today. BT have a back log and ripwire said it will be sorted by next week. we will see
28-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Hi Gouldy,
Just out of interest, which service provider are you coming from?. From a recent time consuming study, I have a better insight on how this network works and migration isn't as easy as it would be from going to one provider to another as they are two different physical networks (from BT equipment to non BT). Saying that, I won't make excuses for RipWire as I don't work for them.
On the latter side of things, re customer service, as ThEGr33k says, It's a total unofficial forum. The idea was for this to be a total temp basis until RipWire could sort there own out..Well that's what the intentions was..Don't know whatever happened to them haha.
I work for Plusnet and in the faults team and I don't know of any BT Openreach backlogs..There are timeslots for 29/30th of this month..Matter of fact I've seen appointments present for most of this week in South Yorkshire so a little baffled by that..Perhaps their supplier (Thales who built the network then subcontracted it out to Magdalene networks to do all the maintenance) may have a backlog as they have not been working over the festive period?. Some migrations however may take a little longer due to the lack of working days around the festive period. Bare this in mind.
If I can be of any help, let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2011, 09:27 PM
God only knows what's happening now. ive still heard nothing back, i would have expected them to have switched me by now because its been about 4 weeks since i placed my order.
29-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Have they actually taken any fees?
If not, wait for your current MAC to expire..Get another one go to another Digital Region provider.
Origin Broadband and also LitteBigOne have recently started up and offer decent deals.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
01-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Thanks spencer, my MAC key expires on the 5th of January so when it expires i think im going try origin broadband.
I cant believe ripwire and how they are not bothered by our custom. ive had a bad experience and experienced poor customer service.
01-01-2012, 03:41 PM
No worries. I'm sorry to hear everything hasn't turned out right first time.
From what I can make out, Origin Broadband used to use Digital Region City servers (It's Digital Region for business) so fingers crossed you should be ok with them and from what I can see both Origin Broadband and LittleBigOne offer a free wireless router. How good it is I don't know though.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
01-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Only one way to find out i guess
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)