Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
RIPWIRE HAS CEASED TRADING
03-02-2012, 04:05 PM
SERVICE IS TO CONTINUE - DIGITAL REGION NETWORK TO ORGANISE NEW PROVIDERS. LETTERS TO COME OUT NEXT WEEK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2012, 05:37 PM
ouch - got out just in time - their number is now dead

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
03-02-2012, 08:23 PM
whats happing about billing and the internet connection because im still getting mine
04-02-2012, 12:18 AM
Well lets just rewind a second.
Where's the source from's nothing yet on it (RiPWiRE, Google or DR)

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Update:
Saying that, this is the only thing I can find on the issue?
Anyone else got this communication?

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
04-02-2012, 03:37 AM
well the telephone number for them is not in use any more. its abit madening because they have say nothing and iv only been with them a few weeks
04-02-2012, 03:56 AM
Hi Deadaimrob,
Welcome to our small community.
It's frustrating and we all share your pain..Hopefully RiPWiRE will give an full statement so we all know where we stand.
But lets look on the positive things for the time being, you have quicker speeds and your service isn't cut off without you knowing.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
04-02-2012, 01:32 PM
HiI only joined Ripwire on 25/1/12. I tried to telephone them yesterday as I had purchased a router and needed to install it. I wasn't sure what to do so I telephoned them - number was not working so I opened a ticket and waited for them to call me. After a couple of hours I heard nothing so I wondered if all was well there so I telephoned the Digital Region people who installed the cable and asked them. They told me that Ripwire had ceased trading and they were trying to decide what to do. They said letters would come out next week but not to worry as our service will continue. They then put me through to someone who could help me install my new router.I was assured that everything would be ok - they will probably transfer us all to another intermediary or even split us up between them all. I feel quite happy even though I am a new customer as my service is working well. I am going to telephone them on Monday to ask if I should cancel my direct debit and I will post what they say after I speak to them.The telephone number I rang when I spoke to the technical guy was 0114 2866249.I DONT THINK WE SHOULD BE WORRIED AS THEY WILL NOT CUT OFF CUSTOMERS - just transfer us to another company like Ripwire.
04-02-2012, 01:36 PM
I am sure if we had been using another provider through a normal line we would have been cut off - I am actually pleased that despite Ripwire ceasing to trade I am still online and going to be looked after.
04-02-2012, 02:25 PM
As I said in a previous post, I can't see Digital Region ceasing folk's line. Putting a further negative spin isn't good for them and I would expect them as a wholesale provider to help out during this.
Had a quick gander on the Digital Region site and its not showing RiPWiRE as a listed ISP now..Pretty much all but confirming it.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)