Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
FTTC and Cable prices for Max packages
17-03-2013, 08:00 AM
RE: FTTC and Cable prices for Max packages
(17-03-2013 02:09 AM)LeJimster Wrote:  1TB a day? Thats beyond insane and surely not typical. I gave up monitoring my bandwidth but I'd probably be happy with 1/2 that a month, nevermind a day.

I would think it meant a month 1TB a day does seem very extreme if I download constantly for a whole day I CAN do just about 600GB and yes I have done this a couple of times in the last 3 years although couldnt get this much when I was on 10/40.

[Image: livetag_409452.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2013, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2013 09:03 PM by Swampster.)
Hmm.. to be honest, not looked at BT's packages since I left them; but looking at those new packages with no limits.. if they were available round here I'd be tempted to move back.
For basically £5 more than Origin's Max package.. I could get pretty much the same service, plus unlimited telephone & Unlimted TV package, with a brand new Youview box, and a £100 M&S voucher to sweeten the Mrs... Wink

It's a no brainer really, in the face of that.. once BT do start epxanding their coverage I can't see how any SYDR ISP could even remotely begin to compete.

Alas, not likely to see them round here anytime soon...

[Image: swampster.png]
17-03-2013, 08:56 PM
(17-03-2013 07:20 PM)Swampster Wrote:  Hmm.. to be honest, not looked at BT's packages since I left them; but looking at those new packages with no limits.. if they were available round here I'd be tempted to move back.
For basically £5 more than Origin's Max package.. I could get pretty much the same service, plus unlimited telephone & Unlimted TV package, with a brand new Youview box, and a £100 M&S voucher to sweeten the Mrs... Wink

It's a no brainer really, in the face of that.. once BT do start exanding their coverage I can't see how any SYDR ISP could even remotely begin to compete.

Alas, not likely to see them round here anytime soon...

And you get 50GB free Cloud Storage - but totally agree unless the ISP's on digital region start bringing prices down, they network will lose out to the bigger companies who can provide the same or more for a cheaper price..

And as you say it's a no-brainer to get the full package from BT for the cost -I have the whole package with multi-room (currently not officially supported but it works) as have 2 youview boxes.

Also with BT and other providers you can manage your account online, which is something that AFAIK is still not possible with the ISP's on Digital Region.

And I can't wait for BT to add the linear channels to their Youview Line-Up later in the year

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT Infinity|Router: D-Link Dir 825|Modem: HG612|Speed: 76Mbt/16Mbit|AP: TP-Link TL-WR1043ND|Switches: TL-SG1005D,HP ProCurve 1810G
Mobile: Nexus 4 + HTC One X
OD: BT + Retail Humax YouView|Xbox 360|ASUS Transformer|PCH C-200
OD Services: BT Vision|NowTV|Blinkbox|Netflix|Vevo
17-03-2013, 11:02 PM
mirdragon Wrote:Also with BT and other providers you can manage your account online, which is something that AFAIK is still not possible with the ISP's on Digital Region.

Can manage basic account things on ASK4 online, https://myaccount.ask4.com

ASK4 - 38Mb/8.5Mb @ 600m
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread