Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Chess Group
17-05-2013, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2013 07:16 PM by Nutty34.)
RE: Chess Group
I spoke to both Chess and LBO yesterday, told them I was non too happy that they had transferred my contract without either prior knowledge and more so consent from me as the customer.

Told them I would not be accepting Chess T & C and that I was not interested in moving over. A director of LBO was supposed to be getting back to me today but they have not.

Will give it over the weekend and call them again on Monday if they have not been in touch. Also refused to pay Chess this months bill as that would constitute acceptance of their T & C.

For info Chess say the cancellation fee is £99 plus £15 per month for the remainder of the contract. Would not be paying that as I have no contract with them to terminate.

Will update when I have any further info.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2013, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2013 11:24 AM by tekmobile.)
(17-05-2013 07:15 PM)Nutty34 Wrote:  I spoke to both Chess and LBO yesterday, told them I was non too happy that they had transferred my contract without either prior knowledge and more so consent from me as the customer.

Told them I would not be accepting Chess T & C and that I was not interested in moving over. A director of LBO was supposed to be getting back to me today but they have not.

Will give it over the weekend and call them again on Monday if they have not been in touch. Also refused to pay Chess this months bill as that would constitute acceptance of their T & C.

For info Chess say the cancellation fee is £99 plus £15 per month for the remainder of the contract. Would not be paying that as I have no contract with them to terminate.

Will update when I have any further info.

Im not happy with this move from @littlebigone and @chess either and I have not returned the DD form and will not be doing so until I know every bit of detail I would gladly have my contract moved over to @originb if this was or is a option though !!

[Image: livetag_409452.png]
18-05-2013, 12:33 PM
(16-05-2013 09:18 AM)SpencerUk Wrote:  @Nutty34

From the most recent statement of this morning, it looks like no changes to terms so you can't really exit the agreement early.

Disagree here mate, the line " The only difference is that terms and conditions fall in line with Chess terms and conditions" for me is the relevant part here. Other than that I would like to choose my own supplier.
18-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Chess T & C have a look.

http://www.chesstelecom.com/ftp/chess_we...2_2012.pdf
18-05-2013, 01:42 PM
@Nutty34

Whist their terms and conditions maybe different, we don't know yet whether @Chess aim to stick to the same terms as LittleBigOne until your contract expires or disregard them totally.

I think until everyone gets clarification I don't blame anyone for being very apprehensive on the issue. Hopefully the questions email I have fired off will go somewhere to getting some answers.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-05-2013, 02:01 PM
@SpencerUK

I think the section in LBO press release and letter to us customers says it all mate, in their own words " The only difference is that terms and conditions will fall in line with Chess terms and conditions"

Add to this that I have spoken to both companies and a director of LBO was supposed to contact me yesterday and as yet have not despite the fact I refused to accept Chess T & C.
18-05-2013, 02:03 PM
In theory I can download about 18TB a month if my calculations are correct

Ive never done this my usage is usually well under 500GB most of the time although its been known to push 1 TB on occasion but I wonder if @chess would mind me using my full bandwidth of 18TB/m I can do this easily if I really wanted to nothing a short script can't handle ??

18-05-2013, 02:04 PM
(18-05-2013 01:42 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  @Nutty34

Whist their terms and conditions maybe different, we don't know yet whether @Chess aim to stick to the same terms as LittleBigOne until your contract expires or disregard them totally.

I think until everyone gets clarification I don't blame anyone for being very apprehensive on the issue. Hopefully the questions email I have fired off will go somewhere to getting some answers.

Mate when did you email Chess ? You would have thought that they would have been keen to get any positive news " out there " so to speak.
18-05-2013, 02:09 PM
(18-05-2013 02:04 PM)Nutty34 Wrote:  

Mate when did you email Chess ? You would have thought that they would have been keen to get any positive news " out there " so to speak.

I also don't like the fact that when I registered for online access I was emailed my username & password back both in the same email in clear plain text this is not very good for security

But then when I tried to sign in was prompted to accept the T&C but I clicked I don't accept and was logged out

18-05-2013, 02:11 PM
(18-05-2013 02:09 PM)tekmobile Wrote:  
(18-05-2013 02:04 PM)Nutty34 Wrote:  

I also don't like the fact that when I registered for online access I was emailed my username & password back both in the same email in clear plain text this is not very good for security

But then when I tried to sign in was prompted to accept the T&C but I clicked I don't accept and was logged out

Same here mate. I will not be paying the bill they have sent as I have no contract with them as far as I am concerned.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)