Poll: Have You Found This Useful?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Origin Broadband No Connection Guide UPD 05/09/2014
20-08-2014, 01:00 PM
RE: Origin Broadband No Connection Guide
hi
I like virtually all people on here was unceremoniously dumped from the Internet and phone (voip) contacted a@a isp to migrate to them but was told I needed a mac code soooooo I emailed origin for said code this was monday no reply tuesday no reply today no reply as yet is there a pattern ha ha I am aware it takes a few days but aknowledgement would be nice. no point phoning them with the long waiting times cant use 0800number no landline ha ha any advice on what to do next and to counter there ignorance I was very happy with this company I must add to be fair
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: Origin Broadband No Connection Guide
I have never had any luck e-mailing them, you pretty much HAVE to call to get anything done.

If possible, try later in the evening when everyone else has gone to bed.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2014, 11:05 AM
RE: Origin Broadband No Connection Guide UPD 24/8/14
Two weeks on and no connection yet and none in sight. Wish i'd gone to BT (I know!) at least they could give an activation date.
26-08-2014, 11:28 AM
@Lordanum

Having a date and the actual activation are two different things.

A pure ADSL migration was originally due for myself this Friday, but within 48 hours of the order being placed, pushed back to 5th Sept.

Given orders are 5 working days, I've not had reasons for this delay yet, but it was certainly not an unexpected result
26-08-2014, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 01:19 PM by Craigiusmaximus.)
How is this affecting ADSL provided by Origin do i have to find myself another provider?Angry
26-08-2014, 01:37 PM
Any updates on what best to do now? It is now 12 days since I lost t'net. I can get other providers of fibre in my village (Penistone exchange). I have called BT and there is now a request to remove tags with the "tags help desk"- this could be actioned within 3 or 4 days (but it was requested last week and still not done). I have told Origin I will stay with them, but every day they offer no information makes me think this could rumble on for weeks yet.

My line enters my house underground (I have an extension under the garden due to listed building status) which worries me if I request a new line- or is that just terminology? Do they actual add a new line or just take the existing one over?

Any advice appreciated as I could do with the net prior to Christmas for ordering presents!!! Big Grin
26-08-2014, 01:58 PM
@Greg

Most lines that enter the property are between 4 and 8 core (though rarely 8 core), which will support two phone lines from the one drop line.

A Working Line Takeover request will use the existing pair, whilst a New Line Install will use the second pair.

If however the line is only two core, then you are restircted to working line takeover (new line install would be possible, but an engineer would only come to find the issues around listed building status).

p.s. if you are ordering for xmas now, I am offering you no further avdvice Tongue
26-08-2014, 02:10 PM
(26-08-2014 01:58 PM)prichardson Wrote:  @Greg

Most lines that enter the property are between 4 and 8 core (though rarely 8 core), which will support two phone lines from the one drop line.

A Working Line Takeover request will use the existing pair, whilst a New Line Install will use the second pair.

If however the line is only two core, then you are restircted to working line takeover (new line install would be possible, but an engineer would only come to find the issues around listed building status).

p.s. if you are ordering for xmas now, I am offering you no further avdvice Tongue

Thanks for that!

I was been slightly facetious about Christmas- In other words- I hope to have it sorted by then rather than early shopping!

How do you arrange an existing line takeover?

Just spoken to Origin again- there are no mac codes available and it isnt possible to go from SLU to FTTC anyway- may as well wait till the tag is removed. Liam at Origin was superb by the way!
26-08-2014, 03:35 PM
(26-08-2014 01:37 PM)Greg Wrote:  Any advice appreciated as I could do with the net prior to Christmas for ordering presents!!! Big Grin

You and me both!!! I can't even consider a new line due to business commitments. Origin have given me a date of 3rd Sept for the tags to come off
26-08-2014, 03:57 PM
I dropped into their office today to hand over my old router and they said they were 'hoping' that BT would clear all the remaining tags some time next week.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)