Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
RiPWiRE Announcement
07-02-2012, 05:51 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
am disappointed with how the contracts are going to be handled i would of thought it might of been better to give the customer a option to carry on with there contract or have cooling off period like for 7/14 days so they could leave digital region network (ask4) and go else without being penalized or maybe with a small fee if need be. as am at the point where am not happy with my connection and my phone line is so erm.. CRAP and its getting worst month by month

p.s. if or when would you be able to offer the 80/20 (17a profile) to the customer as i don't see this happening this year or anytime soon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2012, 05:53 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
Hi Jonathan and welcome!.
When you say "purchase and maintain", are you saying that the RiPWiRE customer base was bought?. Didn't know we was up for auction xD.
It's nice to see most of the points have been ironed out. So I guess that means we cancel the RiPWiRE direct debit then.
If you could answer the other questions in relation to the above, (package details, etc) myself and others would be grateful.
P.S...Your response wasn't typed out in the forum..was done on a word or something hence the big gap at the top xD.
am disappointed with how the contracts are going to be handled i would of thought it might of been better to give the customer a option to carry on with there contract or have cooling off period like for 7/14 days so they could leave digital region and go else without being penalized or maybe with a small fee if need be. as am at the point where am not happy with my connection and my phoneline is so erm.. CRAP

p.s. if or when would you be able to oofer the 80/20 (17a profile) to the customer as i don't see this happening this year or anytime soon
As I said, I will cover the former part later this evening.
In relation to the 17A...This is still under trial with BT and I would imagine Digital Region will do so the same once the network actually becomes profitable. At the moment, to provision something like that would cost extra money, something which the Digital Region product is short of.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2012, 06:20 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
Thanks Spencer.

You are correct, I did copy and past from word. You have found me out.

With regard to your comment, you are correct. Ask4 have formally purchased the client base from Ripwire. This is what is called an assignment. This means that the contracts are legally moved from one provider to the next. The new provider has the legal obligation to perform against those contracts. This is the same behind the scenes with our terms with Digital Region.

This is common practice within any service or utility industry. BT, KCOM, Virgin etc transfer bases on a regular basis as do the mobile operators.

I would like to stress that Liam did not auction the base off to the highest bidder and we only approached Liam when we new the company ran into difficulties. We wanted to make sure that the base was looked after and in fact did not fall into the hands of administrators. At that point, it would have become very messy for all parties, not to mention the delivery to the customers.

I would recommend cancelling your direct debit. There is no DD run planned by Liam, however, this way you are safe.

The support team will advise on how a new DD is generated. This will most likely be online. Due to the time taken to set up new agreements, it may be that we do not bill for February and in fact run a pro-rata bill in March.

With regards to the comment on poor service, please let us try an resolve the matter. We are a different organisation to Ripwire and Liam will vouch for that. If you have problems, then we need to get them resolved for you.

All I ask is that you give us a chance to make this right for all.

We are local people who are passionate about making Digital Region a success. We are very aware of the issues and are working tirelessly to get remedies for them.

Tel: 0845 123 8710
Email: [email protected]
Portal: http://portal.ask4.com/
07-02-2012, 06:29 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
"With regards to the comment on poor service, please let us try an
resolve the matter. We are a different organisation to Ripwire and Liam
will vouch for that. If you have problems, then we need to get them
resolved for you."

well i don't see this happening myself as if the phone is becoming poorer over time how are you has a company going to fix it ?? buy a new line for the customer i don't think so, i do however think it would be best if you would come to come agreement with the customer about there contract as myself would like to do my best to leave without any catches..

does ask4 also use global crossing for routing or your own network for routing ?
07-02-2012, 06:29 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
Hi Jonathan,
I've sent an email to your support team which basically covers what users need to here (basically what hasn't been answered). If you answer them, It would be appreciated.
One question I do have is what about the faults that customers had with RiPWiRE..do they get migrated over to you as well or is it a case of start from scratch?

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
07-02-2012, 06:58 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
With regards to the problem that you are having, we need to get to the bottom of this either way. We have has some cases where we have changed to PSTN line or provisioned a new MPF service to mitigate the issue. If in fact the copper service to the premise is degraded beyond an acceptable level, then openreach have an obligation to repair. That said, it can be difficult to argue this point, however that is what we do. We have a number of issues with wholesale networks. Digital Region are by no way the worst.

All I can ask, is let us at least try. With regards to cancelling the contract, then this can happen but the remainder of the contract is still valid unless the service is not being performed. At that point the contract is in breach. First of all we need to asses the issues.

In relation to our network, we operate our own AS. We have two optically protected 10gb/s links from Sheffield to Manchester and to London. We have another independent 10gb/s to London as well. In London and Manchester we connect to LINX (London Internet Exchange) Peering and in Manchester EDGEIX (Manchester Internet Exchange) These are both at 10gb/s. We then take 3 separate Tier 1 connections to route traffic to networks we do not reach via Peering. They are with NTT, TINET and Global Crossing. It is important to note that we run our own AS and therefore advertise the IP Space. We do not take managed bandwidth from anyone. In contrast to Ripewire, they operated via a single connection to GC in Sheffield. This was a 1GB/s interconnect.

In relation to existing support tickets we have asked DRL/Thales for a them and they are sending them over. We are also expecting a ticket dump from Liam as well. This means that in principle, you should not have to raise a new ticket.

I hope that clears up a few more points.

Many thanks

Jon

Tel: 0845 123 8710
Email: [email protected]
Portal: http://portal.ask4.com/
07-02-2012, 07:00 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
Thanks for the info Jon. I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully Havering a nice trouble free time with you!

"With regards to the comment on poor service, please let us try an
resolve the matter. We are a different organisation to Ripwire and Liam
will vouch for that. If you have problems, then we need to get them
resolved for you."

well i don't see this happening myself as if the phone is becoming poorer over time how are you has a company going to fix it ?? buy a new line for the customer i don't think so, i do however think it would be best if you would come to come agreement with the customer about there contract as myself would like to do my best to leave without any catches..

does ask4 also use global crossing for routing or your own network for routing ?

Just how do you mean your phone line is getting worse? I don't understand what you hope to achieve by trying to get out of digital region as regards to and faults, you would just go through the same issues with any other service. Or you just really want to get out of the contact?

ISP: Ask4 DR Speed: 39.5Mbit /9.90Mbit Ping: 16ms to bbc.co.uk Line Length: ~400m
07-02-2012, 07:05 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
well to be honest both i can say that both myself and mum has notice the phone line is getting weaker and the internet speed is slowly dropping i will for a fact never use my phone line for the internet as am thinking of getting cable at least i can ensure i will get the speed its says or very very close to it so no i wouldn't have the same issues with any services if its not adsl/adsl2/vdsl2.

sure i don't mine ask4 looking into trying to sort the problem out but i can't see it making any differents but i don't know untill they check
07-02-2012, 07:10 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
@jonthornhill
Global Crossing...*shivers*
Have you had a chance to look at my email that has been sent into support?...There are other questions still unanswered.
@aceado
Fibre broadband uses higher frequencies in which your line can degrade sometimes quicker than expected..It's worse on aluminium lines.
If you want to raise anything up on this, may I suggest raising a new discussion Smile..Trying to keep the announcement post as clean as possible.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
07-02-2012, 07:16 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
Hi Jon

Thank you for your reassuring words.

I look forward to migrating and hope your support is better than I've come to expect Smile

Best Regards

Josh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)