Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
RiPWiRE Announcement
07-02-2012, 07:33 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
Hi Spencer,

One of the team leaders is looking at the mail at the moment and will reply accordingly.

I would like to ask that any support issues are raised with the team. This way we can keep track of the issues and work to get them resolved on way or another.

I will be leaving the office around 7pm. The support team are calling customers up to around 8.30pm. They are here 24/7 should you need them.

Thanks

Jon

Tel: 0845 123 8710
Email: [email protected]
Portal: http://portal.ask4.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2012, 08:00 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
Hi Jon,

I notice you mention that you take assignment from the 1st Feb and will take monies due.

Does this mean you are going to collect from 1st Feb, as when I left in January I queried the response from Ripwire about me cancelling the Direct Debit and owing them money. They confirmed they billed in advance, which would mean if Riwpire invoiced customers on the 10th January they would have taken payment from 15th Jan (Credit Card Payments) or 20th Jan (Direct Debit Payments) for their February service.

If this is the case then customer fees are only due from 1st March...

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
07-02-2012, 08:04 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
Jon,

Thanks for the update and news. It sounds very much like you know what's going on and have the service migration well in hand. He's toa better experience with ask4 than with ripwire.

Plus, I work opposite your offices, so I know where you live if it all goes wrong ;-)
07-02-2012, 08:30 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
Just had a call on my old number from Ask4 - telling me about migrating and if any questions to ring them - left me a sheffield number which is not in use...

also looks like they haven't been made aware i'm no longer a customer

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
07-02-2012, 08:45 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
Hi everyone,
I'm one of ASK4's support team leaders and I just wanted to drop in and introduce our support team. It's great to see all the positivity on here in spite of things. We're certainly very positive about it here at ASK4 and we're looking forward to helping our new customers and resolving their existing issues and concerns in the best way possible. We pride ourselves on our technical knowledge and customer service skills, which we have developed as part of our established business to support a large customer base.

As I type, a number of my colleagues are making outbound calls to migrating customers, primarily to introduce us, to alleviate any concerns and to answer any questions as best they can.
We will be calling until 8:30 PM and again from 9:00 AM tomorrow morning. We don't want to call outside of those times as it may be unwelcome but please do call us whenever it suits you as our support team operate 24 hours a day.
We will be checking on this forum periodically, but to get the best support the fastest, please direct your queries to our call centre on 0845 123 8710 or at [email protected]
We look forward to speaking with you and making a great first impression. I hope we can reassure you that you're in good hands.
Alfie.

Tel: 0114 303 3232
07-02-2012, 09:00 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
All,

I am leaving our office, It has been a long day. I will leave you in the hands of our support team who can get me should they need to.

Thanks

Jon

Tel: 0845 123 8710
Portal: http://portal.ask4.com/
07-02-2012, 09:14 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
Hi Midragon,
Sorry about that, the number you need to call is 0114 303 3232 or 0845 123 8710.
Alfie.

07-02-2012, 09:50 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
I'm very much in two minds about the assignment of the contract to a different provider.

In particular, I'd like to know why the contracts are being assigned and not novated?

As I understand it, with an assignment, the burden of the contract remains with the assignor (Ripwire), because it cannot legally be transferred in an assignment. This means that the legal obligation to provide the service remains with Ripwire and is not transferred to Ask4 - IE, if they failed to provide, your argument would be with Ripwire, not Ask4.

In English (I'm not a lawyer, so my interpretation could be wrong) Ask4 have agreed to take the money and provide the service, but are not obliged to honor the contract - that obligation remains with Ripwire.

Novation is a far more normal approach when fully transferring contracts - the only reason I can think of for not novating is that Liam and Ripwire want to stay somehow involved or leave their options open - this concerns me on several levels. Firstly, how much control will/can they have and secondly, how much can their creditors get involved to affect this?

On the plus side, I know that Ask4 are reliable generally.

I'd like confirmation that the issues introduced by PPPoE will be resolved virtually immediately - I was planning on leaving Ripwire next month (in favour of other DR, or BT) due to these and will continue to do so if not resolved.

I'm sure I'll have more questions......
07-02-2012, 10:08 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
Hi Smokinloads,
As a member of support I am wary of responding to your initial enquiry. I can however assure you that I will bring it to someone's attention to look at tomorrow morning.
With regards to PPPoE, may I ask which specific issues you refer to? It may be we can put your mind at rest right away.
Alfie

07-02-2012, 10:27 PM
RiPWiRE Announcement
To try to make this as easy as possible, an FAQ has now been made.
Click HERE
@Ask4Support - Welcome@jonthornhill - If I missed anything, let me know Smile

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)