Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
JD's Auto Speed Tester / logger / grapher
20-02-2012, 08:47 PM
RE: JD's Auto Speed Tester / logger / grapher
@Jimmy06 it varied from 1mb to 3.5mb. It's not designed for fibre customers as @jackdinn will probably vouch.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2012, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 10:38 PM by Jimmy06.)
(20-02-2012 08:47 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  @Jimmy06 it varied from 1mb to 3.5mb. It's not designed for fibre customers as @jackdinn will probably vouch.
@SpencerUk
I can upload Notably over lan at 96.45MB/s Hense why im asking. This however was only after trying new methods for the upload and been inplace since the Multi threaded download tests.
(20-02-2012 10:01 PM)Jimmy06 Wrote:  
(20-02-2012 08:47 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  @Jimmy06 it varied from 1mb to 3.5mb. It's not designed for fibre customers as @jackdinn will probably vouch.
@SpencerUk
I can upload Notably over lan at 96.45MB/s Hense why im asking. This however was only after trying new methods for the upload and been inplace since the Multi threaded download tests.

@SpencerUk

Heres an example without changing anything over a 100Mb link

[Image: JDAST_Results_2012_02_20_21_11_05.png]

Just trying to see if theres any way we can improve the data for you guys.
Find all posts by this user
21-02-2012, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2012 10:10 PM by jackdinn.)
(20-02-2012 02:32 PM)aceado Wrote:  might be a nice idea to be able to use multi-threaded uploading like you can with the downloading which is 1 of the things that lets it down for me Sadapart from that it sure is a great app

It was mentioned that maybe doing a multi-threaded upload test might be a way to max out your fiber connections.

Firstly im wondering if your testing with the adapter hooks turned off as there is a known problem with the max throughput for upload with this method of testing, if the "load hooks" tickbox is un-ticked the max upload speed is approx 2Mb/s which was why i created the separate child process to handle the upload stream whilst monitoring the "numbers" with the main process by use of the adapter hooks.

Secondly i was not 100% sure if you meant multiple threads to the same server but i assume you did.

Iv been looking at this suggestion and have been able to do a test of multiple ftp uploads to the same server. I have created a quick change to the app and set 3 upload threads but i will add a user option to choose how many threads the user wants (within reason) if this actually makes any difference.

If anyone would like to help out by checking if this is going to make any difference then please download and let me know how it goes.

http://jackdinn.co.uk/dump/JDast_installer.exe

Cheers.

[Image: livetag_jackgreg999000.png]
22-02-2012, 12:49 AM
@jackdinn (unsure how to do this but how did you do what you did quote/tag the user back there username lol) not sure what you have done but you sure have made it alot more better even the upload speed is more correct than being about 10-15% of it. here's a pic of it i don't like how it look, sorry if am abit picky Sad

22-02-2012, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 08:37 AM by Jimmy06.)
It would be nice to see a before and after test really.
(21-02-2012 10:09 PM)jackdinn Wrote:  
(20-02-2012 02:32 PM)aceado Wrote:  might be a nice idea to be able to use multi-threaded uploading like you can with the downloading which is 1 of the things that lets it down for me Sadapart from that it sure is a great app

It was mentioned that maybe doing a multi-threaded upload test might be a way to max out your fiber connections.

Firstly im wondering if your testing with the adapter hooks turned off as there is a known problem with the max throughput for upload with this method of testing, if the "load hooks" tickbox is un-ticked the max upload speed is approx 2Mb/s which was why i created the separate child process to handle the upload stream whilst monitoring the "numbers" with the main process by use of the adapter hooks.

Secondly i was not 100% sure if you meant multiple threads to the same server but i assume you did.

Iv been looking at this suggestion and have been able to do a test of multiple ftp uploads to the same server. I have created a quick change to the app and set 3 upload threads but i will add a user option to choose how many threads the user wants (within reason) if this actually makes any difference.

If anyone would like to help out by checking if this is going to make any difference then please download and let me know how it goes.

http://jackdinn.co.uk/dump/JDast_installer.exe

Cheers.
@jackdinn

This has no adverse effect to an ADSL+ connection and the results are the same. I feared this method might saturate the upload stream but it copes with it fine. 0.751 Mbps upload threw my ADSL+ connection as per usual.
22-02-2012, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 08:48 AM by jackdinn.)
@aceado
questions :-

1. were you using the non-hook method at any time ? before or after the beta version (i need to be sure on this one)
2. whats the difference now ?
3. what was it before ?
4. you say "even the upload is more correct" does that mean by implication that the DL is not correct for you? (if so what settings ?)
5. you say the upload test is much better but does that mean it is correct for you now or just closer ?

I need information to get anywhere here Undecided

and about the manual results pic , please read here :- http://www.gmwsoftware.co.uk/phpBB3/view...4&p=37#p37

Many thx,
JD

22-02-2012, 09:11 AM
(22-02-2012 08:39 AM)jackdinn Wrote:  @aceado
questions :-

1. were you using the non-hook method at any time ? before or after the beta version (i need to be sure on this one)
2. whats the difference now ?
3. what was it before ?
4. you say "even the upload is more correct" does that mean by implication that the DL is not correct for you? (if so what settings ?)
5. you say the upload test is much better but does that mean it is correct for you now or just closer ?

I need information to get anywhere here Undecided

and about the manual results pic , please read here :- http://www.gmwsoftware.co.uk/phpBB3/view...4&p=37#p37

Many thx,
JD

On my LAN test bed we've been using at 1Gbps the test finished to fast Tongue
22-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Big Grincool, Tongue, i assume it really did Finnish to fast. we can of course increase the test files size ^^ but might be a good sign.

Maybe this idea might just work, not quite sure as yet but fingers crossed !

22-02-2012, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 09:25 AM by Jimmy06.)
(22-02-2012 09:16 AM)jackdinn Wrote:  Big Grincool, Tongue, i assume it really did Finnish to fast. we can of course increase the test files size ^^ but might be a good sign.

Maybe this idea might just work, not quite sure as yet but fingers crossed !

@jackdin

[Image: JDAST_Results_2012_02_22_08_22_55.png]

With a 2Gb test file both down and up. The main drive in this system is slow and old i belive its a hardware limitation here Smileas when loaded into VRAM its extremly fast.
22-02-2012, 09:57 AM
@jackdinn all i did was install the new version over the old one and ticked allow uploading again and the speed for the upload and download is abit right as its not a 1 set thing am sure others can comment again this. you ur pic might be an idea to let the end use pick between anyone of the 4 that there is
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)