Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Chess Group
18-05-2013, 03:44 PM
RE: Chess Group
I have to agree with what has been said so far.

Isn't it standard that you are supposed to be given 30 days notice to agree to changes in the terms and conditions?
Surely being told you have to conform to Chess Terms & Conditions IS a change in the contract?

In fact, if it WASN'T a change in the contract, why are people being asked to agree to the terms and conditions? Your agreement with LBO should still apply and so not require any new agreement with Chess.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2013, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2013 05:19 PM by rhole.)
Hi..

I too was very concerned when I received the Letter about all this. Particularly as I thought the letter seemed to be written in PR speak/spin instead of a letter to reassure the customers.

I spent 2 days on the phone the other day. Both Chess and LBO both confirmed to me (about 6 different people) that the LBO contract will be honored in full. ie, We still have the same Unlimited Data as before. I have not yet accepted the terms and conditions as I am not up to speed on the ins and outs of T&Cs.

But in my opinion, unless I am missing something obvious... and I certainly may be... There should not be any issue until the end of the contract. At which point I could either stay or get an INTERMAC and switch to anther DR ISP.

Even one of the Chess 'Executives' reassured me on the phone that nothing will change to the 'contract'.

---

EDIT: What makes me and I suppose other people nervous is they say the contract will be honored (as if not would be a breach) but then they want us to accept 'new' terms and conditions that are written for chess on the BT and TalkTalk networks and have not been updated for the ex-LBO customers. So it apprears they are being dishonest, when they are probably not and instead the whole thing has been a cockup.
Find all posts by this user
18-05-2013, 06:45 PM
(18-05-2013 02:01 PM)Nutty34 Wrote:  @SpencerUK

I think the section in LBO press release and letter to us customers says it all mate, in their own words " The only difference is that terms and conditions will fall in line with Chess terms and conditions"

Add to this that I have spoken to both companies and a director of LBO was supposed to contact me yesterday and as yet have not despite the fact I refused to accept Chess T & C.

I personally don't think they have updated their site yet to reflect obtaining LittleBigOne customers. I'm tipping next week the picture will become more clearer..well, it's my hope!.

(18-05-2013 02:03 PM)tekmobile Wrote:  In theory I can download about 18TB a month if my calculations are correct

Ive never done this my usage is usually well under 500GB most of the time although its been known to push 1 TB on occasion but I wonder if @chess would mind me using my full bandwidth of 18TB/m I can do this easily if I really wanted to nothing a short script can't handle ??

They would still be using Digital Region's network so technically I don't think they would be concerned with the usage. If you was using Openreach/Wholesale fibre, may be an issue of course haha.

(18-05-2013 02:04 PM)Nutty34 Wrote:  
(18-05-2013 01:42 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  @Nutty34

Whist their terms and conditions maybe different, we don't know yet whether @Chess aim to stick to the same terms as LittleBigOne until your contract expires or disregard them totally.

I think until everyone gets clarification I don't blame anyone for being very apprehensive on the issue. Hopefully the questions email I have fired off will go somewhere to getting some answers.

Mate when did you email Chess ? You would have thought that they would have been keen to get any positive news " out there " so to speak.

When I found out officially about LittleBigOne being obtained by Chess, I did some tweeting to them and sent off some questions on Thursday. My intention was to get all the questions from the forum post and send them off but as they were having a conference call with LittleBigOne, I had to fire off all the questions that came to my mind. If you want to see a copy of this, I can get it forwarded to you Smile

(18-05-2013 05:06 PM)rhole Wrote:  Hi..

I too was very concerned when I received the Letter about all this. Particularly as I thought the letter seemed to be written in PR speak/spin instead of a letter to reassure the customers.

I spent 2 days on the phone the other day. Both Chess and LBO both confirmed to me (about 6 different people) that the LBO contract will be honored in full. ie, We still have the same Unlimited Data as before. I have not yet accepted the terms and conditions as I am not up to speed on the ins and outs of T&Cs.

But in my opinion, unless I am missing something obvious... and I certainly may be... There should not be any issue until the end of the contract. At which point I could either stay or get an INTERMAC and switch to anther DR ISP.

Even one of the Chess 'Executives' reassured me on the phone that nothing will change to the 'contract'.

---

EDIT: What makes me and I suppose other people nervous is they say the contract will be honored (as if not would be a breach) but then they want us to accept 'new' terms and conditions that are written for chess on the BT and TalkTalk networks and have not been updated for the ex-LBO customers. So it apprears they are being dishonest, when they are probably not and instead the whole thing has been a cockup.

Could you scan and upload a copy of this letter?. Would make interesting reading Smile. Oh welcome to the board btw Wink

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-05-2013, 06:56 PM
I will scan and upload my letter later after removing personal information later if I'm not beaten to it

[Image: livetag_409452.png]
18-05-2013, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2013 08:14 PM by rhole.)
Thanks. I scanned the letter I got and attached it to this post.

18-05-2013, 09:45 PM
(18-05-2013 08:14 PM)rhole Wrote:  Thanks. I scanned the letter I got and attached it to this post.

Same letter I had written on toilet paper and accompanied by a direct debit mandate for Chess telecom.
18-05-2013, 10:43 PM
If I go to the Chess website and register for the online account and try to login. I am presented with this screen...

I wonder what happens if I click Do Not Accept?

I must say, despite being reassured several times, I somehow don't believe... Hope this can get resolved soon as its all fishy really.
18-05-2013, 10:46 PM
(18-05-2013 10:43 PM)rhole Wrote:  If I go to the Chess website and register for the online account and try to login. I am presented with this screen...

I wonder what happens if I click Do Not Accept?

I must say, despite being reassured several times, I somehow don't believe... Hope this can get resolved soon as its all fishy really.

You you click do not accept you just get logged out that's all

[Image: livetag_409452.png]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)